• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

23:00.....brisket started

Thanks everyone. I've learned a lot from everyone here in the short time I've been here.

Great place. Great folks.

Made brisket subs for the family tonight and they were a hit.

yummy!!!! i have a cryobagged brisket flat in my fridge begging for a ride on the UDS. hope mine turns out as good as yours looks

No smoke ring I won't eat it! JK brotha looks good, just know that a smoke ring don't mean jack chit unless your competing and then there is always TQ:thumb::thumb:

Did you add any liquid to the brisket when you foiled it? And if so, what type of liquid? Im cooking up a brisket tonight after seeing this.

Rub was the only thing added.

Foiled afrer it hit 170.

Simple but sloooow. :evil:

Thanks everyone. I've learned a lot from everyone here in the short time I've been here.

Great place. Great folks.

Made brisket subs for the family tonight and they were a hit.
Amen to that Brother!
While reading this thread, I was keeping an eye on the total post counts and times of posts. Was wondering if you'd have some leftovers by the time I got to the last post. hahaha

Looks good dude. I've only got one brisket under my belt. It's almost hard to justify when I'm catching butts on sale for .99 a pound.
Need one though, that looked yummy.

Looks GREAT, Dub! Thanks for using Oakridge BBQ! So, I guess you like our new Black OPS rub, huh? :becky:

Looks GREAT, Dub! Thanks for using Oakridge BBQ! So, I guess you like our new Black OPS rub, huh? :becky:

I love it. I bought the BIG bag on my last order.

Loved the Santa Maria on my last rib eyes, too. Keep on making great rubs !

Man, y'all ate good tonight!

I made it home late from work and fairly hungry. Visited with everyone, played with the dogs & then fired up the coals to heat up my dinner.

Sliced some zucchini and hit 'em with teriyaki and rub. I grilled them along with a fresh jalapeño and a Habenero pepper along with two large brisket slices.

20130220_201414_zps65914c08.jpg

Put a bit of the sauce on the meat and it was great.

20130220_204953_zps6fef7d18.jpg

20130220_210134_zps03ed41e2.jpg

Stuffed and still getting past that pepper heat. Lawd them Habenero peppers are potent.

Family is loving leftovers. Diced up and stuffed in a sub roll with Head Country sauce and cheddar over it for my son. Kid went nuts. Wife had one for lunch today, too.

20130221_071004_zps4a0dbd91.jpg

Already looking forward to my next brisket smoke.

Back