MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness

Notices

Catering, Food Handling and Awareness *OnTopic* Forum to educate us on safe food handling. Not specifically for Catering or competition but overall health and keeping our families safe too.

Old 08-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #1
ChicagoSizzlin
Full Fledged Farker

Default Rent or Inexpensive 3 sink for Fest Vending in ILL

Anyone around ILL know a place I can rent one or buy one for relatively cheap. I plan on doing some local fests next year and want to avoid spending major cash on a setup. Also to those that do fests that last several days do you bring your own fridge to store the left overs from the day?

Proud Owner of a UDS & UDG

My UDG - Ugly Drum Grill

Member of the Drumhead Club
ChicagoSizzlin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-31-2011, 04:32 PM   #2
kurtsara
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Hey you

Really?
kurtsara is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-01-2011, 10:05 AM   #3
ChicagoSizzlin
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurtsara View Post
Really?
Really? Most 3 sinks Im finding are around $800 unless I am missing something here. I know that there are some places to rent them but just cant find it. If anyone knows a cheap set up please let me know.

My UDG - Ugly Drum Grill

Old 09-01-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
nthole
Babbling Farker

Do you have to be licensed in Illinois to vend the festivals, or does each festival provide a way to one time license just for that event through the local HD? I think the really comment may be more targeted at saying, if you were licensed to vend then you would already have facilities that would include such equipment and should be able to roll up and go.

I know some St. Louis events you can get a one day license, but I don't know if they keep track and would take an issue if you were repeatedly one time licensing events.

Just a thought on a less expensive option. Get 3 mud-room type sinks. Should be able to plug them and fill them up. Can hook them together fairly cheap with some pvc or just drain them into large buckets as needed. Easy to do a hose hookup to them as well if you want actual running water.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

MOINK...It's what's for linner.
nthole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2011, 11:23 AM   #5
The Pigman
is One Chatty Farker

It takes a kitchen to get the lic..........just saying dont know anyone who rents them out
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI0900.jpg (68.0 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg DSCI0919.jpg (44.4 KB, 189 views)
KCBS CBJ #30390

Lead for State of Ohio & Indiana for Operation BBQ Relief
Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member
Lang 84 Custom Longneck with warmer
Mobil Food Lic. With State of Ohio
The Pigman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
ChicagoSizzlin
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthole View Post
Do you have to be licensed in Illinois to vend the festivals, or does each festival provide a way to one time license just for that event through the local HD? I think the really comment may be more targeted at saying, if you were licensed to vend then you would already have facilities that would include such equipment and should be able to roll up and go.

I know some St. Louis events you can get a one day license, but I don't know if they keep track and would take an issue if you were repeatedly one time licensing events.

Just a thought on a less expensive option. Get 3 mud-room type sinks. Should be able to plug them and fill them up. Can hook them together fairly cheap with some pvc or just drain them into large buckets as needed. Easy to do a hose hookup to them as well if you want actual running water.

Its a temp permit for the fest only and everything has be done on site regardless if I have a kitchen. They do inspection on the site as well. This is my only hang up right now. Some of these fest wont allow you to roll up in a trailer either due to size constrants of the area they provide you with.

Never heard of a mud room type sink could you explain or throw a link? Nevermind we just call them laundry sinks out here.

My UDG - Ugly Drum Grill

Last edited by ChicagoSizzlin; 09-01-2011 at 11:51 AM..

Old 09-01-2011, 11:33 AM   #7
The Pigman
is One Chatty Farker

So you take 4 plastic buss bins and place on table and heat water in turkey fryer and you have kitchen....
KCBS CBJ #30390

Lead for State of Ohio & Indiana for Operation BBQ Relief
Operation BBQ Relief Founding Member
Lang 84 Custom Longneck with warmer
Mobil Food Lic. With State of Ohio
The Pigman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM   #8
nthole
Babbling Farker

Correct, laundry sinks. The only thing with the bus bins is whether or not they have a rule that whatever you are using must be able to be fully submerged. So large cutting boards won't fit in them. Both are good options for on site things like this. Sorry, yes laundry room, type same thing.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1

$53 for a single sink kit. Dunno what your price point is. Have to put these somewhere obviously as well. Bus bins are easier to store for sure.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Swanstone-...-Sink/16821715

$45 from Wally World, but also includes the faucet, which would be easy to hook to a hose with splitter if you were after that ability.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

Old 09-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #9
ChicagoSizzlin
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nthole View Post
Correct, laundry sinks. The only thing with the bus bins is whether or not they have a rule that whatever you are using must be able to be fully submerged. So large cutting boards won't fit in them. Both are good options for on site things like this. Sorry, yes laundry room, type same thing.

http://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?...llow&cId=PDIO1

$53 for a single sink kit. Dunno what your price point is. Have to put these somewhere obviously as well. Bus bins are easier to store for sure.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Swanstone-...-Sink/16821715

$45 from Wally World, but also includes the faucet, which would be easy to hook to a hose with splitter if you were after that ability.

Thanks N and yes everything has to be submergable out here. So maybe buying 3 of these would work out for me. Will have to do some research on how to get a pump and hot water next. Im thinkin putting these on some small pallets as well. So I can have the tanks underneath and then cover them with some sheet metal with a front panel to access it.

This is all entirely new to me so will post any progress I do or the build.

My UDG - Ugly Drum Grill

Old 09-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #10
Dex
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pigman View Post
So you take 4 plastic buss bins and place on table and heat water in turkey fryer and you have kitchen....
This is what I do.... but only I use cold water. My HD doesnt care if its hot or not. Same with hand washing station. Cold water.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:53 PM   #11
nthole
Babbling Farker

I've heard a number of good things about this, but I don't have one myself. It's what I was thinking of getting when looking at putting together a trailer for competitions. If you have access to water hookup (ie hose) I think it's perfect for on demand hot water. Split the hose and you have hot and cold.

http://www.overstock.com/Sports-Toys...2/product.html

If you don't have a water hookup you'll be having to find a way to store the water as well as pump it. In that case I would just be thinking, fill bins with water at the start of the day and that's that. If you need hot water, as said before, turkey fryer and a pot.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-02-2011, 07:56 AM   #12
ChicagoSizzlin
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks N much appreciated info. Going to talk to my brother in law about this over the weekend. Im sure we can figure something out inexpensive.

Might just pick up 3 laundry sinks and start there. We won't have a continuous water supply so looks like we need to use some jugs. Store them underneath. I want this to look good as well but on a budget.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

My UDG - Ugly Drum Grill

Old 09-04-2011, 07:42 AM   #13
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoSizzlin View Post
Thanks N much appreciated info. Going to talk to my brother in law about this over the weekend. Im sure we can figure something out inexpensive.

Might just pick up 3 laundry sinks and start there. We won't have a continuous water supply so looks like we need to use some jugs. Store them underneath. I want this to look good as well but on a budget.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
Now how do u suppose you'll collect all that water?

U need to think disposable. No washing required.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-07-2011, 12:24 PM   #14
ChicagoSizzlin
Full Fledged Farker

If anyone has a picture or can take one for me with the Bus Bin set up would be appreciated. Or just give an explanation on how it works and what you drain into etc. Got a turkey fryer so thats one cost down for me. I got a 5 Gall water cooler as well for hand washing station. Thanks for the info on this.

My UDG - Ugly Drum Grill

Old 09-07-2011, 01:35 PM   #15
nthole
Babbling Farker

Three bus bins sitting on a folding table. When you want to drain them pick them up and pour them out somewhere. Then refill them back on the table.

I can't see an image of it on anything I have but I'll keep looking. They just sit lip to lip against each other.
Pork Pistols BBQ
MOFO Illuminati