Malcom Reed ditches pellet smokers for a Jambo

I was shocked when he said, he had never cooked on a stick burner. Your logic is flawed though. He went from his gateway, to pellet, to a jambo. Does that mean the Yoder is better than the gateway? I have a pellet grill, and if I could afford one, I would buy a Jambo too. I wouldn't dump the pellet though. Also, being one of the best bbq channels on youtube, I would be surprised, if he didn't at least get a discount.

Personally, I don't think its a Pellet vs Stick Burner. I think its just more of the fact the guy likes trying and cooking on all types of grills. I've followed him since the start and he has something like 13 different grills including BGE, YS640, and Old Hickory... ect...

Did he even mention any other type of cooker?

He used Backwoods charcoal smokers too before the Pellets........think he just likes to try different styles and see how each does in Comps........

I’ve been watching Mr Reed for a long time, and I’ve never known him to be a “hardcore pellet guy” by any means. He’s cooked on a wide array of cookers, and the Jambo is just one more tool in his arsenal.

Pellet Envy was a Hardcore Pellet guy that went to stickburners........

I talked to Candy Weaver( Heat Resources) the other day. I think she is still cooking on a Jambo

I've seen a lot of his videos and I don't think I've ever heard him say anything negative about any type of pit. As for the Jambo in the video, I would love have it to play around with, but you need to be cooking an awful lot of food to justify using that thing.

You might be right? But I have seen him cook on a UDS, an Egg, an Old Hickory, and a pellet cooker, so I would say he is looking at all the options, not going in a new direction, since he said it is his first stick burner. I have 2 pellet cookers and I would still like to have a Jambo!

Last edited:
Love his channel and his rubs. Very surprised he hasn’t had a stick burner previously though. He seems to use all of his cookers on various videos

Memphis Elite

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Obviously the pellets were not doing the trick. And I don't think Jambo hands out free smokers for promotion like LSG. Maybe he does? I dunno. Just thought it was funny a hardcore pellet guy buys a stick burner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7cZkNoIwbw

Who promotionally has been using an LSG? I haven't stumbled across a lot on Youtube or Instagram.

I’ve been watching Mr Reed for a long time, and I’ve never known him to be a “hardcore pellet guy” by any means. He’s cooked on a wide array of cookers, and the Jambo is just one more tool in his arsenal.

Yeah, never struck me as a "hardcore pellet guy" either.

What I found funny is Reed shows all the guts of the jambo, I wonder if Jamie approved?

I’ve seen videos where people asked to look in the cooker and Jamie said “You have to pay to see that!”

Back