200 gallon propane tank. smoker build ??

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
My friend has a 200 gallon vertical propane tank. Does anyone know where I can find a build thread? I tried the search but got no matches. I got a call from him and he has one I can get for $ 25.00 and I want to get an idea of possibilities. Thanks
Jed

it could.. you will find though you will want to clean out the seasoning out your smoker before you throw coals in it.. when i need to grill i just slide over the tuning plates.. and i can get 300-600 degrees easily on the firebox side of the cooker without putting any coals into the main chamber..

I'd do a reverse flow if you decide to go offset. It looks a little short to do vertical unless u make the tank cooking area only and make a fire box for it to sit on

This a 150 Tyler built this week plenty of room in it

You can add a fire basket and charcoal pan in the warmer and have 2 cookers in one we do it all the time and it works great.

Whatever you decide... make certain to fully vent and purge that tank.
Things can go wrong real quick in a very bad way... with an unexpected spark and boom.

I am buying the tank from my friend who is a 2nd generation family business owner dealing in propane delivery. The tank has been purged and empty for quite some time. Thanks for your concern and thoughtfulness.
Jed

Back