• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Walkerswood Jerk Marinade. This *stuff* is for real...

THoey1963

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I was in an Asian market a while back and walked by a shelf full of Walkerswood Jerk marinade. Her so much good stuff about it here, I bought a bottle of the spicy and brought it home. A couple days ago, it was a really nice day and I decided spur of the moment to grill something. Looked a couple FB posts and decided I wanted chicken thighs. Grabbed a bag out of the freezer and set about quick thawing them. I was trying to figure what to rub or marinade them in and I saw the jar in the pantry. Great time to try it out. Now, by the time they thawed, it only got about a 2 hour marinade, but it was great stuff. I've already set out some wings to do this week, but they'll get an overnight marinade. I'll definitely keep it in my rotation.

Plated picture below. I rushed the cook a little, I was hungry, so they got a little darker than I prefer, but it worked...

Attachments

• IMG_3092.jpg
    IMG_3092.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 480
I almost pulled the trigger on some at World Market last time I was there. I normally make my own (from a guarded recipe gifted to me) but it's a pain in the a$$ to find Scotch Bonnets here (and typical Habaneros don't taste quite right). I actually decided grow some Caribbean seasoning peppers this year so we'll see how that goes.

I'll just grab some Walkerswood to keep on hand in the meantime.

Excellent.

Jerk bbq, is one step away from ecstasy! Even a little too dark, is still yummy jerk!

I have used that on wings, several times, and really like it. I have only used the thinner marinade version so far. I have a jar of what's in your pic and will try it next!

i love that stuff! i doctor it up with a little brown sugar. mix a little into some rice and peas!

I got the wings defrosted in the fridge, but it keeps getting pushed back. Wednesday at the latest. Just thinking about them and I am drooling.

Someone mentioned a cookbook and recipe for it. I would think about buying it, just for that recipe, but as another said, getting Scotch Bonnets here wouldn't be easy and I have a brown thumb...

I got the wings defrosted in the fridge, but it keeps getting pushed back. Wednesday at the latest. Just thinking about them and I am drooling.

Someone mentioned a cookbook and recipe for it. I would think about buying it, just for that recipe, but as another said, getting Scotch Bonnets here wouldn't be easy and I have a brown thumb...
Terry,
Here is the one Nellie uses
6T vegetable oil- ¼ C fresh lime juice- 4 scallions, coarsely chopped- 4 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, stemmed and seeded, coarsely chopped- 3 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped- 2T fresh thyme- 1t minced peeled fresh ginger- 1T packed dark brown sugar- 2t allspice berries- 1t kosher salt- 1/4t ground black pepper- 2T white vinegar
Puree 4T oil and the next 10 ingredients until smooth
Take 1/4C and wisk in a small bowl with balance of oil and vinegar plus more salt to taste and refrigerate for glaze later

Back