• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Weber One Touch Gold or Kettle

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Ok you Weber fans, which one should I get for a temporary Q fix. The One Touch Gold or the Kettle? Price difference is minimal and I need something for about 6 weeks. Just had to rebook a shipper for my Stick burner from TuscaloosaQ so I am without a smoker and I can't sleep at night. I am suffering from severe withdrawal and need a fix. I think Weber has just what I need to calm my pulse. Your thoughts are welcomed!
Jed
aka Flameless in Florida :doh:

OTG is a Kettle, so I'm not sure what exactly you are looking at. OTG Kettle is a great cooker for small cooks or a single large meat. I got by on a 22.5" OTG for a couple years before I got Earl.

OTG is a Kettle, so I'm not sure what exactly you are looking at. OTG Kettle is a great cooker for small cooks or a single large meat. I got by on a 22.5" OTG for a couple years before I got Earl.

Get the OTG and keep it in your arsenal even though you have TQ build cooker coming. Weber's are great and will last you forever.

That is the difference? The ash catcher? Thanks
Jed
If you were comparing the standard Kettle to the OTG Kettle, the One Touch system is a big ash scraping system inside that you wiggle back and forth to move the ashes to the ash removal holes in the bottom of the Kettle. The one touch silvers don't have an ash catcher pot, just a tray. The golds have a ash catching pot fitted to the bottom for "no-mess" ash removal.

JM2C a galvanized 2 gal bucket from the feed store will turn any SIlver into a Gold for 8 bucks the other 52 Dollaros will buy Beer Brisket and a Butt to Satisfiy that craving.

I also find that the pot helps shield the bottom holes from wind on windy days. Helpssmake stable temps easier to maintain since the wind isn't blowing up her skirt!

OTG if you don't mind spending the extra money. I wish my OTS was an OTG every time I use it.

Go with the gold and don't let anything galvanized near your grill.

I have two of the old daisy wheel kettles, an A: 1979 and a P: 1993. I've feed up to 30 people at a time, cooking both direct and indirect. Tomorrow, I'm smoking a 20 lb turkey at a predicted 27 degrees outside. My advice is to go for the gold, unless you plan to just throw it away. Talk to Landarc if you need advice on using one.

I don't see charcoal baskets listed on the Weber site.

OTOH, the 26.75 does. And it has an SS cooking grate and the lid holder. :becky: Too bad it cost twice as much. :doh:

Well now, that's a disappointment. Last time I looked at the OTG manual on Weber's website, they were there. :tsk:

Back