Knife Sharpening

Exe-que-tioner

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Wanting to have my knives professionaly sharpened.......anyone know where I can have them sharpened in the K.C. metro area? I see that Westlake's offers knife sharpening. Should I trust them with expensive knives?

Ambrosi Bros.
3023 Main Street

A trip to KC isn't complete if I don't make it by there.

Ambrosi is the only place that I'll let sharpen my knives. They are best and at $4 a knife it's worth it. They make them scary sharp ! :shock:

Thanks Jorge & Chris! I work within a couple blocks or two from Main St. downtown. I will give them a call, swing by and drop them off soon. :thumb: Can't beat 4 bucks for a sharpening!

Tell them you are a KCBS cook and I think you get a discount. Ask for the competition edge.

I took our set of Forschners in for a sharpening today to a place called Arizona Cutlery & Sharpening Service in Phoenix. I had our knives sharpened there about 10 months ago and the edges held very well but the slicer wasn't working well at all this past weekend so it was time to have it done again.

You could also learn to sharpen your own. It is an art but not that difficult.

Just picked one of these up at Bed Bath and Beyond last week, works great,

http://www.amazon.com/Chefs-Choice-320-Diamond-Sharpener/dp/B00005KJWZ

521962_fpx.tif

{Midnight ☼ Smoke};1240958 said:
You could also learn to sharpen your own. It is an art but not that difficult.

You're probably right but I'm willing to part with the $13.50 it cost me to have 5 knives sharpened by someone who knows what they're doing. Besides, I might hurt myself. You should see what I do to briskets and ribs!

Back