MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses.

Notices

Catering, Vending and Cooking For The Masses. this forum is OnTopic. A resource to help with catering, vending and just cooking for large parties. Topics to include Getting Started, Ethics, Marketing, Catering resources, Formulas and recipes for cooking for large groups.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:50 AM   #1
panamareg
Got rid of the matchlight.

Cool BBQ in Panama

I live in the Highlands in Panama.
At present I have been working at my business in the USA and returning home to the wife and kids in Panama about 8 times a year.
We are about to have a new baby girl. I am likely to decide to stay there at home in Panama.
When down there in Panama, I always put on open BBQ's at the house. I have been very good through my life at cooking in general and BBQ and grill in specific. I have built my own grills, smokers and BBQ's and use them.

I find that there is a shortage of BBQ (plenty of good grill though) in Panama while having a very high demand.

I plan on taking the BBQ to a professional level. My plan entails a land based smoker BBQ at my finca, and a mobile set up for ferias (fairs/festivals) there are fiestas somewhere close every week (Panamanians really love their party) so my plan is to take the thing mobile as I feel like.

In a nutshell I am looking for ideas and input on the mobile side of things. I will be wanting to try to limit the amount of transport to what I can haul in and behid with my 150 HP diesel Nissan Frontier, at least initially until I get a larger capacity set up.
Any helpful input will be appreciated.

By the way if anyone here is heading to Panama, feel free to give me a PM/call. I have a large place with a fantastic view in Volcan Panama.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #2
Westexbbq
somebody shut me the fark up.

Good luck on your venture and meanwhile, move on over to Cattle Car and give yourself a proper introduction.
Texas International Pop Festival, Labor Day 1969.
IMBAS Certified.
Just roll me up and smoke me when I die.
Always remember, no matter where ya go,
there you are.
I wanna tell you 'bout Texas radio and the big beat.
Someday, I hope to visit Penelope.
Hondo Crouch, Famous Late Mayor of Lunkenbach, Texas who advocated a 'dillo diet: "You can eat nothing but armadillos for a month, but you will have to run down and catch all the armadillos you eat and it can really take the weight off!"

Westexbbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #3
Dr_KY
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Build yourself a rig that can grill and smoke.

Mine is almost as light as I can get it and I tow with a 4 banger most of the time.

Slappin that bass like some delerious funky preist!!!

UDS, Half Pint (Mini UDS), Weber, ProQ 20, Kegrilla
*250 gallon cooker- 'The Meat Beast!!'*

British BBQ Championships
Grand Champion 2008
~~~~
British BBQ Society - Southern Championship
Grand Champions 2009
Dr_KY is offline   Reply With Quote