MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:30 AM   #46
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is How We Que It View Post
Contest Announcements can be put up as soon as a contest is official.
Roll calls no sooner than 4 weeks out.
Not quite sure what this is about?

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2011, 01:32 PM   #47
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 smokin butts View Post
chuck is our power updated for this year,especaly if 10-15 more teams,and space, we would like our same spot as last year
Dennis, I am getting a quote for upgraded power to ensure there is more than enough. Unfortunately, I have to position teams as they come in starting with the southeast corner. I will try to keep that spot open but I can't make any promises. Just try to get there early like you did last year and you should be fine.

Last edited by chuckcockrum; 01-24-2011 at 01:34 PM.. Reason: Replied to wrong person
chuckcockrum is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2011, 04:47 PM   #48
This Is How We Que It
On the road to being a farker

Disregard Post #42. This sounds like a good contest.
This Is How We Que It is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2011, 07:04 PM   #49
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Okay guys, we had our chamber bbq committee meeting tonight and here is what the payout we decided on.

Grand Champion - $1000
Reserve - $500
Four Main Categories:
1st - $200
2nd - $150
3rd - $100
4th - $75
5th - $50
"Best Dam Wing" - $250

And be sure to keep in mind, we will have to wait and see what our turnout and cook off related expenses are. Once we know what's coming in and what's going out we will quite possibly increase those amounts like we did at our 2010 event. We are working hard to make this an event you guys look forward to. Thanks for all your input and advice guys!

Old 01-25-2011, 07:25 AM   #50
DocStl

Great job chuck! Looking foreward to cooking it again this year! If you need anything just give me a call!

Old 01-25-2011, 08:18 AM   #51
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thank you again for listening to the teams, that's what makes us WANT to go to a comp.
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #52
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Hey guys, if you're into social networking I would like to invite you to join my "Best Dam BBQ Cookoff" Facebook page! There I will post event news and it's open to anyone. So join me and invite your friends! Thanks!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163325279588#!/group.php?gid=163325279588

Old 01-26-2011, 08:06 PM   #53
Contracted Cookers
is one Smokin' Farker

looks good brother. even tho we probably won"t get to cook this one. your energy and efforts are contaigus looks like you have some great teams comeing already
Contracted Cookers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2011, 08:42 PM   #54
ammoore

I was on the fence about this contest being a holiday weekend and all. However I must say with the proactive approach in making the event the beat it can be, I am sold. Registration is filled out and will be going in the mail shortly. Thanks Chuck
ammoore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-27-2011, 05:45 PM   #55
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammoore View Post
I was on the fence about this contest being a holiday weekend and all. However I must say with the proactive approach in making the event the beat it can be, I am sold. Registration is filled out and will be going in the mail shortly. Thanks Chuck
Thanks a lot! I'll see you there!

Old 01-30-2011, 07:08 PM   #56
BanditBBQ
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Rhino

Hey Chuck, though we took a spankin' last year, we had a great time; and really appreciated your extra efforts to make things just right for everyone. As you know, we will be back!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino

Old 01-31-2011, 06:27 PM   #57
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditBBQ View Post
Hey Chuck, though we took a spankin' last year, we had a great time; and really appreciated your extra efforts to make things just right for everyone. As you know, we will be back!

Carpe 'Que,
Jim Rhino
Thanks Jim, everyone at the chamber worked hard to make it happen and we're looking forward to this year! We appreciate all the teams patience as we are learning the ropes of contest organization. As I said before, we want our event to be one that everyone looks forward to!

Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 PM   #58
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Okay guys, I had a conversation with someone today, and I know it's still a little early for role call, so it was suggested to have an "Early Bird" entry contest for our cook off. So, for teams that enter before May 21, 2011 they will be entered into a drawing. The lucky team that's drawn from the hat will receive their entry fee back! We're hoping that this will encourage more teams to enter our contest early. It will also make it easier for me to make sure I have the proper amount of judges. I hope you guys take advantage of this chance to make a couple bucks back! Thanks!

Old 03-21-2011, 08:48 PM   #59
jrbBBQ
Full Fledged Farker

I'll be there, I guess I need to get my entry fees turned in. I'm gonna consider this my "home" competition as I actually only live about 15 miles from Rend Lake.
jrbBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-22-2011, 08:16 PM   #60
chuckcockrum
Got Wood.

Thanks, it helps just knowing who's coming you know. We'll see you in July!

Tags
bbq, benton