MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 07-16-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
sitnfat
is one Smokin' Farker

Default peoples choice question

Heading to a comp in a few weeks where there is a peoples choice pork.people will come around to the teams set up and taste there pork. All this is being done while turn ins are going on and after. My question is. Is it wrong to feed these people our other meats as well. I mean its gonna be sittin there they are gonna be lookin at it smellin it. Is it wrong to through the guy who loves brisket a piece with his pork cup. I just need some direction here I don't wanna step on anyones toes.
sitnfat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2010, 08:40 PM   #2
Gerrit_Boys
Full Fledged Farker

I would say that would give you an unfair leg up on the rest of the teams. Who wouldn't vote for the guy that fed him good. I'd guess that alot of people can't afford to give away contest meat (myself included). Bottom line, ask the organizers.
Gerrit_Boys is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #3
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

In reality, it won't matter. When it isn't a blind judging, local people almost always win.
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-16-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
Captain P.J.
Full Fledged Farker

I agree with Gerrit Boys. My last comp I had easily 10 pounds of pork shoulder left while the ribs, chicken and brisket were attacked by both my and wifes familys.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #5
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

I wouldn't enter any other meat unless it is ok'ed by the organizer. In most cases, it is a way for them to raise money for the contest or for a charity. Depending on the cause, they may allow it. We almost always do the P.C., but never expect to win.

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2010, 10:26 AM   #6
Lake Dogs
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Hance

99.9% of the time a local team will win, regardless of how much Q you give out and
regardless of whether it's brisket or pulled pork. There's nothing wrong with this
(local team winning). This is how they raise money for their charity. Have fun; enjoy
it; give out what you want.
Was Lang 84DX, now Bubba Grills 250R and many Weber grills
Lake Dogs is offline   Reply With Quote