• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Minnesota in May--Austin, MN May 14-15

musicmanryann

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I know that there may likely be less people this year than in previous, but Big T'z will be there. With any luck the weather will cooperate better than last year, but either way we are looking forward to it. Who else is showing up?

We are planning on it now that there is a new organizer.

Smokehouse 72 will be there. should be set up in the compound again.

I signed up to judge but haven't heard anything yet.:confused:

If not might just come down and chew the fat with the Brethren there

a;ways has been a decent contest--have either cooked or judged there since '03(I think)--would be there this year but the other MIM beckons!

We hope everyone gives us another chance after last year where we had some problems. The Minnesota BBQ Society is again backing this contest and we will have pleanty of help this year and everyting will go smoothly. It will be smaller than last year as we are limiting it to 60 teams. Looking forward to it. If anyone has questions about cooking or judging e mail me at specturk@msn.com and I will help get answers for you.

TippyCanoe BBQ Crew is in for another year...20 miles from home :)

Do you expect to hit the 60 Turk?

Big Bubba's Roadhouse BBQ will be there. Like Turk said we are back in charge and hopefully if you haven't already sent your entry in please do. We at the Minnesota BBQ Society are running the contest this year and I have been promised the weather will be better then last year.
Hope to see everyone there

Ray Carlson
President
Minnesota BBQ Society

Mustang Sally will be there (our first time). From what I hear the weather was better on Mille Lacs in January than it was in Austin last May! It can't get any worse. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Hey Joe we should go past 50 easy and I will guarantee better weather than last year. For it to be worst would mean a Blizzard!

And a tornado thrown in for good measure!:wink:
If your going to have a tornado maybe I could make it up there .Tornados have been good to us.
I had seriously planned on being there this spring but I dont have all my ducks in a row.Several teams from your association had supported the event in my hometown and I had planned on being there for your comp but I cant make it.You have a great group .:thumb:

I had seriously planned on being there this spring but I dont have all my ducks in a row.

Your lucky that I'm out of town then otherwise would be dragging you across the Mississippi with me to help!!

Would love to at least judge this one. My calendar is completely jacked though. Might have to get the crowbar out to wedge this one in.

Your lucky that I'm out of town then otherwise would be dragging you across the Mississippi with me to help!!

I wouldnt make you work too hard draggin me :heh::heh::heh::heh::heh:

Talked to Randy this weekend. Looks like there should be around 50 teams. I think a good number for that contest. Last year's winner wont be there either, something about his daughter's graduation or some BS. lol.

Thanks for the update Ryan, This 4 weeks in between comps thing really sucks, can't get here fast enough for me...although I am getting the honey-do list whittled down. Won't get back to it till fall after next weekend :)

Back