Contest Announcment Freeze Your Butt Off 2009

pigmaker23

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The date for the second annual "Freeze Your Butt Off " BBQ Contest has been decided. It will be held on February 14 & 15 2009 at the Maynard Rod & Gun Club in Maynard Ma.

Contest Highlights will include a Pot Luck Supper on Saturday Night, A Valentines day themed costume contest and some other suprises.

This contest will be a KCBS Sanctioned Contest and a State Championship, Paper work is currently in the works for both.

So mark your calenders now for the first "event" of 2009 !

well, if there is a reson to get into the dog house, so early in the season, what better reason than a contest.....but, then again, we could turn this thread into a woodpile one real fast.......

good luck to all who compete.....and then try to get into the house when they return home:eek::lol:

The best day for Valentines Day is the 15th, everything is half prise the next day.:wink:

You are encouraged to bring your wife or best girl... or both it will be a family event

Sorry but suggesting a BBQ contest for Valentines day would be on par with suggesting a WWE event followed by poker night with the guys.

Somebody must need a trophy real bad to go to that, at that time, under those conditions. I wouldn't suppose there would be many competitors going to that and V day seems to put a nail in it as well.

I take my Wife to all the comps, we are a team. So V Day is so no big deal. However, I live in the desert, so anything under 50 degrees feels like freezing to death.

I saw pictures of last years, more power to you guys.

It got a little nippy there in Buckeye... I had to put a sweatshirt on... Still was able to wear shorts though...

nobody said you had to sign up, after all its a state championship, heres last year at 6:00 AM Saturday

Somebody must need a trophy real bad to go to that, at that time, under those conditions. I wouldn't suppose there would be many competitors going to that and V day seems to put a nail in it as well.

Attachments

• trailersnow.jpg
    trailersnow.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 183
can I bring my wife???
seriously, can we get the H2O working by then? Could be a deal maker/breaker...
nancee

You are encouraged to bring your wife or best girl... or both it will be a family event

nobody said you had to sign up, after all its a state championship, heres last year at 6:00 AM Saturday

LOL Since you put it that way you yanks are madmen, although I question my own sanity being at the Taylor once when it was 105 degrees and I was in front of a 300 degree pit. Hmm cold or heat?

I could have used that picture then. Look at that snow! Jesus.

Back