Picky Eater Suggestions???

dodgeramsst2003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, the new little lady in my life, is lactose intolerant, WILL not eat pork, and also doesn't eat meat off the bone, also the smell of seafood makes here sick to her stomach. I'm kind of at a loss for what to cook for her. ribs, ABT's, Sausage, all are out. I was thinking meatloaf, or maybe chicken? I know I could always do a brisket, but was hoping for some other ideas that take a little less planning. Breaking up with her is not an option as she's way to cute, and actually has a personality!!! So guys/gals, suggest away!!!

Thanks

Chris

Does she eat beef?
You could do a chuck roast[cooking technique very similar to a pork butt] and pull it before serving-therefore eliminating the bone problem.

qman said:
Does she eat beef?
You could do a chuck roast[cooking technique very similar to a pork butt] and pull it before serving-therefore eliminating the bone problem.

What Qman said........hard to mess up a roast( although I have done it ) no bone and tasty!!!!! BTW....congrats on the personality/cute combo.....very rare!!!!!!!:biggrin:

Chicken, turkey, and the rest of the fowl - cornish game hens are cute - maybe they would appeal?

And, like qman said: BEEF! Try a small brisket, some ribs, tri-tip roast... You've still got lots of options.

Are you sure she's that cute, though? <grin>

Arlin

Awwww-Joe
I deliberately refrained from bringing smoked tofu or spaghetti squash into the conversation.

Edit: I am a pinhead. I was going to suggest a stuffed pork loin but I missed the part where she will not eat pork. Duh.

Give her a can of slimfast and a snickers bar and enjoy a nice rack of bb's by yourself.

I knew I could count on you guys

I knew you guys would provide some comical as well as usefull suggestions. definite negative on the spam, I'm NOT making tofu, of any type ever, no if's and or butt's about it ( pun intended). I may try and do pulled pork sandwiches, and just tell her they are beef, or the beef roast thing instead.

bbqjoe said:
Give her a can of slimfast and a snickers bar and enjoy a nice rack of bb's by yourself.

Give him a hand ladies and gentlemen.....Mr. Sensitivity!!!!!!!

dodgeramsst2003 said:
I may try and do pulled pork sandwiches, and just tell her they are beef, or the beef roast thing instead.
Why not just do the chuck roast for pulled beef sammies. Just as easy as doing pork and you won't have to BS her. They're usually around 3.5 lbs each so you can throw in some other stuff too. They take about 9 hrs at 235 or so. Foil for the last 3 hrs and you're all set. Good stuff man!

If she were my gal I would take her to a nutrionist. She sounds finicky to the point of being unhealthy.

She's mostly against your whole way of life! If she's anti-2nd amendment on top of it, there are other cute girls out there, and personality is overrated!

I like the suggestion of pizza. She can put whatever toppings on she wants. Prime rib is great, too, as is some form of pitbeef (cheap, cooked rare/med rare and sliced really thin for sandwiches, hopefully with horseradish sauce).

dodgeramsst2003 said:
I may try and do pulled pork sandwiches, and just tell her they are beef...
That could be a big mistake - Trust issues and all that...

Smoked Portobello mushrooms with a little bit of olive oil and a dusting of rub are really good. You can serve her a pulled Portobello sandwedge.

Song lyrics Mod: She do eat meat but she sure don't like the bone

Back