Any DFW brothers getting washed out?

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Any DFWers cooking today? First rain in months pushing through. Will at least wash the dirt layer off the Klose.

been cookin here in WF. it rained earlier this morning . so i waited till after lunch time to fire up the WSM. so far it is just cloudy muggy and muddy at my house.

Rain in North Texas? Hmmph! I'm not falling for that old "Weatherman Scam" again. It doesn't rain in North Texas. At least not lately.

Ken (first in the neighborhood with an impeccably manicured YELLOW lawn.)

I'm in SA but I told the better half to just leave the soaker hoses running on the timer. The ground is so hard and dry that a lot of that rain will just run off.

Here in the ATX, the weather report has been on infinite repeat ... "Another hot one!"

Last edited by a moderator:
jgh1204 said:
Guys, it is HOT, but, 1980 was the muther of all summers in the FW/Dallas area. It was 69 straight days over 100 degrees and there were many, many days over 110.

I remember that one. I was young, but I remember my folks complaining. Having grown up in Dallas area, I feel lucky to have been a part of many freaky weather related incidents.

Been in 2 tornados, plenty of heat waves, freak snowstorms in April, and then the exploding frozen trees.... I think it was in 1983 or so.

jgh1204 said:
Guys, it is HOT, but, 1980 was the muther of all summers in the FW/Dallas area. It was 69 straight days over 100 degrees and there were many, many days over 110.

That was my first year in DFW. AC went out in my apt. Had to sleep on the patio, place was crawling with Gays. I was concerned to say the least.

It rained a lot up here this weekend. Yesterday Mr. Sun wasn't invited and the high temperature was 78°!!!!

Raining as I type now! Thank you Lord!

Lake Lavon is 15' low, hopefully we'll get some runoff. I'd like to be able to use a boat ramp. This is a ramp we use in the winter a buddy took (his boy). The other is the marina from across the cove. Boats are sitting on dry land...

Attachments

• Botania.jpg
    Botania.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 58
  • EastFork.jpg
    EastFork.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 57
Ty, that's a dern sad picture. Specially since we us Lavon as our main water source.

Wow, is that the Marina on the Allen side? I forgot the name, Collin County, or something like that, I know the Baptist Encampment is up North of there. That used to be a pretty good spot to fish. Could launch from there and ski around the dam...

That is scary looking, glad to see y'all are getting rain today!

Gatordawg said:
Wow, is that the Marina on the Allen side? I forgot the name, Collin County, or something like that, I know the Baptist Encampment is up North of there. That used to be a pretty good spot to fish. Could launch from there and ski around the dam...

That is scary looking, glad to see y'all are getting rain today!

That's East Fork Marina due South of the Baptist Encampment. The Trinity River looks like a creek at the north end, and I don't think there's any water around the 380 bridges and North. The only ramp that is somewhat usable is one from the 70's before the lake was enlarged, it's now out of the water.

ribs and sausage this weekend....turned out great...good ole smokin in frisco,tx

giddy up texas:biggrin:

Back