MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #16
Shiz-Nit
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdbbq1234 View Post
winner winner chicken dinner!

Instagram - bluegrasssouthernsmokers

Deep South GC28
Forno Venetzia wood fired pizza oven
Weber Summit S-670 natural gasser
Traeger pellet pooper
BGE's
Shiz-Nit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #17
ViciousGame
Knows what a fatty is.

The best way to revitalized older parsley is to soak in lukewarm water for about 15-20 min. and then place in the refrigerator. This is exactly what they do at the supermarkets after they get their cases in and before they place them out for sale on the produce dept. wet rack.

KCBS CBJ CBBQA

[B]Competition arsenal:[/B]
(1) [I][B]22.5 WSM[/B][/I], (2) [I][B]18.5 WSMs[/B], So fast it predicts the future [COLOR="Blue"][B]Blue[/B][/COLOR] [B]Thermapen[/B][/I]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/vicioussmoke"][B]Visit Vicious Smoke on facebook[/B][/URL]

[URL="http://www.twitter.com/vicioussmokebbq"][B]Follow Vicious Smoke on twitter[/B][/URL]
ViciousGame is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
MikeJ65
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
Once you get to the comp, how do you transfer to the official box?
We do it a bit different than Diva. If you leave longer stems on, twist them together, and fold them under you have a pretty solid bed of parsley. Just put the top of your official box over the bottom of your box, invert, close the official box, and invert again. Keep a wet paper towel in the box and store in a cooler with cold packs so that you don't need to worry about them getting water logged.

Doing them a couple of days ahead helps them take the shape of the box and hold it better. Very simple and I don't spend more than 10 min. messing with boxes on site.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

I'm gonna find a botanist to work with and create a bushy parsley that grows in 9"×9" squares. Then I'm gonna sell em through Snake River Farms!!!
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2013, 11:28 PM   #20
zombie barbecue2
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Switching it up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Headed View Post
We have no problems with parsley bought on Wednesday for a comp. However, RD didn't have any curly parsley today, so I bought a case of green leaf lettuce. We'll see how that works out.
So Ron, Your switching it up and going to green leaf? We just recently left greenleaf and went to parsley. Are you doing New Holland? If so See you there.

Chris
Zombie Barbecue.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:37 AM   #21
Q-Dat
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Headed View Post
We have no problems with parsley bought on Wednesday for a comp. However, RD didn't have any curly parsley today, so I bought a case of green leaf lettuce. We'll see how that works out.

10 minutes, one head.

Looks good to me and no sprigs of parsley stuck to the meat.
Q-Dat is offline   Reply With Quote