What's smoking for Super Bowel Sunday?

markbet

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I just got volunteered for smoking meat for a Super Bowel party this Sunday. I will be doing 6 racks of St. Louis syle ribs, 2 drunken chickens, 1 five pound boston butt (pulled) and probably 3 or 4 fatties, and one keg of brew, just to get things started.

markbet said:
I just got volunteered for smoking meat for a Super Bowel party this Sunday. I will be doing 6 racks of St. Louis syle ribs, 2 drunken chickens, 1 five pound boston butt (pulled) and probably 3 or 4 fatties, and one keg of brew, just to get things started.

How can we possibly remain OT when you call it Super Bowel?

You're killing me.......

For the Super Bowl - probably some chicken, maybe some sausage. Dunno yet.

LOL.. good catch racer.

I been elected to do a pot of chile and a batch of chicken quarters.

Gonna add some BB ribs and 2 butts to that.. New boss is coming over on monday for a meeting.. specifically to see if all the "hipe" is true. When asked "whats the Agenda" ... his response was "BBQ".

Working fri & Sat nite so it's gonna be chili.

racer_81 said:
How can we possibly remain OT when you call it Super Bowel?

You're killing me.......

For the Super Bowl - probably some chicken, maybe some sausage. Dunno yet.

OOPS! I guess that shows who was sleeping in spelling class.

Gotta pot luck going and I got elected to bring Finni Dinni Meat Balls. You New Yokkers may not apreciate the asian influience onitalian style meat balls but I am here to tell ya, that is some ggggggggooooooood cracker!:cool:

It depends a little on the weather. The best meteorologist in the Chicago media basically said "This weekend is a toss up. one computer model shows us getting snow flurries, one says that it will be clear, and a third shows us getting a major snow storm". Kinda hard to plan based on that :-D

My plan right now is a pot of my "Private Reserve" chili on Saturday (its better with rest) and a practice run of chicken for a chicken and Rib cookoff that's coming up on Feb 26th.

Why do you yankees call it chile? Don't you know that's a country? Down here we have Chili.:biggrin:

thillin said:
Why do you yankees call it chile? Don't you know that's a country? Down here we have Chili.:biggrin:

yup, caught me.. but 1 - I always screw that up, and 2 - I was paying attention to the super bowel. :cool:

No Super Bowl this year. This year I catch a break after hosting two years in a row. Just the wife and I. Gonna smoke 3 or 4 racks of baby backs just for us. Also getting a couple of growlers of Heffeweise and Wiesen Bock from the Black Forest in Farmingdale for the game.

BBQchef33 said:
LOL.. good catch racer.

I been elected to do a pot of chile and a batch of chicken quarters.

Gonna add some BB ribs and 2 butts to that.. New boss is coming over on monday for a meeting.. specifically to see if all the "hipe" is true. When asked "whats the Agenda" ... his response was "BBQ".

So what are u gonna hit him with? I'm sure there will be some ribs.

Phil,

You gotta put on a few fatties to throw him a curveball !!! Your new boss is probably expecting the usual ribs, chicken etc. No one can question a Brethren's BBQ superiority after getting a piece of one of those bad boys.

Cookin nuthin - leaving it and the beer to my neighbor this time. I'll do babybacks and links Saturday though cuz I couldn't do them last weekend with the disaster in my house.

MilitantSquatter said:
Phil,

You gotta put on a few fatties to throw him a curveball !!! Your new boss is probably expecting the usual ribs, chicken etc. No one can question a Brethren's BBQ superiority after getting a piece of one of those bad boys.

How bout that roll your eyes in the back of your head Rib Eye.

Whatever it is make sure there are PLENTY of leftovers(job Security) to take home to his family.

1 Brisket
1 Chicken
4-5 Fatties
Beans a-la-ta-ta
Doing up some Crawfish too...40-50lbs

Doing a repeat of last week's pastrami (big hit) and lots of sausage, onions and peppers.

We'll be having the traditional Super Bowl fare: Mexican Food.

Back