Creamy Eggs on the Keg

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
A while back, I was reading through a magazine and ran across an article about creamy eggs. The recipe called for leeks, butter, cream, and eggs. At the time I wasn't too impressed. But, as I thought about the possibilities I realized that all the recipe needed was some bacon. So, here is my version of creamy eggs. It's rich, loaded with fat, and very tasty.

I fired up the keg with some Comp K and a chunk of white oak to about 325F. While the keg was coming up to temp, I chopped up a couple of green onions. I didn't like the looks of the leeks as the market this morning, so I went with scallions.

I mixed in a little thyme with the onions too. I also sliced up a couple of cherry tomatoes and sliced up some bacon.

picture.php

I started with crisping up some bacon. When it was done, I chopped into small pieces.

picture.php

Once the bacon was crispy, I removed it from the pan and in went the scallions and thyme. Man, they smelled so good when they were cooking!

picture.php

When the scallions were ready, I removed them from the pan and added two eggs. I also poured just enough half & half over them to just cover the egg whites. Next, I sprinkled the onions and bacon into the eggs. I also added salt and pepper to taste. Into the keg they went and I let them cook for about 8 minutes.

picture.php

This is the finished meal. The thyme and the scallions were a great combination with the eggs and bacon.

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

I got some Turkey Wings doused with HDD on now but may need to fix me a snack like that a little later.

picture.php

Thanks for looking.

Looks great!

Question I have is... How the heck does it all solidify? I mean, it all looks like a semi-firm little casserole or something along those lines. I googled creamy eggs - didn't see anything like this.

Looks great!

Question I have is... How the heck does it all solidify? I mean, it all looks like a semi-firm little casserole or something along those lines. I googled creamy eggs - didn't see anything like this.

Bro, I have no idea how it works. I was asking the same question and even tried this recipe out in the oven before trying it in the keg. The cream melds with the egg whites and somehow it all comes together.

That looks awesome, Bo! Tell me more about your little CI pan you were using, I gott'a get me one or two of them...

That looks awesome, Bo! Tell me more about your little CI pan you were using, I gott'a get me one or two of them...

I picked a couple of them up from Bass Pro Shops last time I was there. They are made by Lodge and work pretty well especially on my keg because they don't have handles that take up space and get in the way.

Yeah Bo! That looks awesome for sure!
Wanna get me some of those little ci pans too! If only shipping costs weren't so much to get them out here with the weight! :doh:

Cheers

***Double Post***

The site's been doing this to me recently! No clue why... Sorry...

Yummmm!
Usually I add coffee milk to make an omelette or scrambled eggs.

Back