going to a party with no time to cook.

redneck allstar

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So football season is approaching and we all know what that means... BBQ and Fantasy football!!! Ok, ok many of you may not have been thinking the fantasy football thing but Its something that my buddies and I started in college and its a fun way to stay in touch. Every year it just keeps getting bigger and bigger. At our live draft we will have a full wall projector for a draft board, a keg and a huge spread of finger foods.

I was planning on making some ABT's but I have to take my youngest son to the dr before hand and wont have time to get them done before I leave for the draft. I already told everyone that I was going to smoke something but I just dont have the time. So I am looking for a recipe of something that I could make the day before and either serve cold or reheat easily the next day. Any help yould be appreciated.

Also... If anyone is interested in having a Brethren free FFL PM me and I would be happy to set something up. I usually use espn.

Well, pulled pork is an easy fall back if you need something that is easy to cook, reheat and serve. Plus, left plain, just about everybody likes it and can sauce it to their liking. Plus, you can cook the meat and hold it in a cooler during the Dr appointment and then pull it fresh at the draft party :thumb:

Now, if you are just looking for an appetizer or something, does the draft location have a grill or could you take one with you? If you have a Weber kettle, you could just take that along, have all your food prepped, and just fire it up before the draft and food would be ready by the 6th round when everyone is needing a break anyway.

it would have to be something that I wouldnt have to mess with during the draft. I guess I could always make up a pulled pork and heat it up in the crock pot.

Get a nice eye of round roast, marinate it over night if you prefer, give it a good savory rub and smoke it at about 300 til the IT is 135. Foil and rest then chill. At party time, slice very thin and you've got about the best roast beef sandwich you could ever want. Cold, or hot with an au juis.

This can be done days in advance.

Last edited:
Brisket.

Vacuum seal it and throw it in a pot of boiling water when you get to the party.

Back