New GAB Ribbons

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
This week in the mail I got an envelope with a nice letter and 3 very nice ribbons. At this years GAB Invitational they only gave out the ribbons for top 10 and they were not very impressive to display. Still I loved it. But now I have 3 very nice ribbons for 3rd, 13th and 19th place finishes. Twice as big, great color and look good.

The organizers of the GAB are a class act for sure. If I get an invite to an invitational in KC again I sure will pick the GAB over the Royal because I'm there for a BBQ contest not a big drunken party and I like their motto of cooks come first.

They did the same thing for Kids Q... my daughter got a new medal and a letter saying they were not happy with how the original awards came out and wanted to replace them. Nice gesture on their part. Tracy and her staff do an awesome job with that contest. We were a little lacking in the attentive volunteer part this past year (at least where we were) but still a great contest!

That's real cool.

Sure beats an awards ceremony where the organizers start off by applogizing for not having ribbons at all - an oversight for them being new organizers - but they will have ribbons made and mail them in the near future. Well, we're still waiting. I don't mind not having the ribbon, but don't tell us that as organizers that you are going to have them made and then don't follow up with it.

Because I like to be a pain in the butt, I've emailed the organizer twice politely about the ribbon status. I know both emails have been opened (read receipt mod) but I've yet to get a response.

I'm sure I have plans the weekend of next year's comp ... whatever weekend it is.

I got one in the mail too, Definately a nice suprise! Nice lookin ribbons too!
I will be doin the gab again too...if they have it.

I got one in the mail too, Definately a nice suprise! Nice lookin ribbons too!
I will be doin the gab again too...if they have it.

Word I got was that maybe it will be moving out to the Truman Sports Complex. I suggested a new contest at the Sports complex to Tracy early this year but with the GAB planning, she didn't have time to discuss it but thought it was a good idea. Maybe that will happen now, just with the GAB moving instead of my idea. Can you imagine the number of teams they'd have room for surrounding Arrowhead and Kauffman??? Wow!

Back