Feel like a new Dad part III

Grumpy's Q

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
The old saying goes, "there's nothing like cold beer and good friends". Well the cold beer part...you can always get more. Good friends last for ever. As you guys have see Mr. thillin has been very busy this weekend. Friday night (my brother from another mother) Ty stopped by with a little goody for me. Well actually it was a big goody. Well really it was a large green goody. A large big green egg! .......woo hoo! Ty knew I had been looking for one since I got the medium. It is an older egg but very solid. I picked up a plate setter for it Saturday afternoon. Plans are to change to a spring assist in the near future. Thanks again Ty! :cool:

Attachments

• 000_0252z.JPG
    000_0252z.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 000_0250z.JPG
    000_0250z.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 000_0249z.JPG
    000_0249z.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 000_0248z.JPG
    000_0248z.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 000_0247z.JPG
    000_0247z.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 102
  • 000_0246z.JPG
    000_0246z.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 102
I wish I could get an old "latch" and replace my spring assist. Call me old fashioned, but I find the security of a solid latch much better than a spring that just barely has the strength to hold the lid open.......IF the egg is perfectly level AND the wind isn't blowing.

I wish I could get an old "latch" and replace my spring assist. Call me old fashioned, but I find the security of a solid latch much better than a spring that just barely has the strength to hold the lid open.......IF the egg is perfectly level AND the wind isn't blowing.

Want to trade? Send me PM?

Very nice! Now stop taking pictures of an empty Egg and go cook something! Then take pictures! :-D

This egg was picked up when I got the mini. Both are labeled patent pending. For it's age, it's in exelent condition. Glad to help Mike.

That is mighty sweet of Ty to hook you up like that! Congrats on the new toy!
My LBGE is an older model like that, it had the smaller trolley cart, old style hinge, rusty steel slide draft door and a daisy wheel lid. I got it for free off CL. When I rebuilt my Kamado the first thing I did was replace the hinge and slide draft. I hung onto the old hinge for a year before I tossed it, and sure as chit I found another free Kamado with a trashed hinge! A couple months later I found the BGE and replace the hinge and sold the Kamado. For a free Egg I put about $250 into it!

Back