MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-04-2007, 01:02 PM   #1
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

Default Roll Call: Platte City, MO....May 11 & 12 (with results)

Smoke on Wheels will be there. We will be in spot 131.

Smoke On Wheels www.smokeonwheels.com

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles
smknwhlswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Plowboys will be there, but I don't recall our spot.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2007, 05:16 PM   #3
beam boys bbq
is one Smokin' Farker

platta mo where is it at in the state

york
beam boys bbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-2007, 06:31 PM   #4
Jeff_in_KC

Nothwest of KC, York.

Big Creek BBQ will be there... Cabin 50A. We decided to rough it this contest!
KCBS Member #14287
Jeff_in_KC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 PM   #5
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

Don't forget your (or your kid's) swimsuits! They have said that the pool now has a dome and is heated.

I know there were a few teams with families that chose not to come to this one since they changed to an earlier weekend and everyone thought that the pool would still be closed. It looks like they will also have a spray park at some point this summer too.

Yoder Cookers YS-640 & YS-480 & YS-1320 / Coming Soon* YS Q-Kitchen with YS-1500, YS-640 & YS-Charcoal Grill/ $25 Hasty-bake Model 410 / Weber Kettles

Old 05-05-2007, 11:12 PM   #6
Jeff_in_KC

Just saw the forecast (for what it's worth anyway!) and it said sunny and 80 both Friday and Saturday. Looking good! Can't wait to get out there, set up my INDOOR kitchen, pop up the easy up, season meat and go inside in the AC and take a nap on the queen sized bed.
KCBS Member #14287

Old 05-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_in_KC View Post
Just saw the forecast (for what it's worth anyway!) and it said sunny and 80 both Friday and Saturday. Looking good! Can't wait to get out there, set up my INDOOR kitchen, pop up the easy up, season meat and go inside in the AC and take a nap on the queen sized bed.
Forecast now calls for 30-40% chance of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will change again before the week is out.

We are spot 121. I plan to set up early Friday morning.

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler

Old 05-07-2007, 10:32 AM   #8
Plowboy

RV Park Map

http://www.basswoodresort.com/site_map.html

Where is the turn in?

Anyone doing people's choice on Sat? I will only if I have time and space. I have an extra brisket here to cook, so that's not a problem.

Old 05-07-2007, 04:08 PM   #9
smknwhlswife
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
RV Park Map

http://www.basswoodresort.com/site_map.html

Where is the turn in?

Anyone doing people's choice on Sat? I will only if I have time and space. I have an extra brisket here to cook, so that's not a problem.
Turn in is at the Meeting Hall next to the Bath House. You have such a long haul.

Don't know if we will be doing people's choice or not.

Old 05-07-2007, 05:40 PM   #10
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
Forecast now calls for 30-40% chance of thunderstorms. I'm sure it will change again before the week is out.

We are spot 121. I plan to set up early Friday morning.
I'm so sick of rain I could just chit! Todd, didn't know you guys were cooking this! I had my wife drop a check in the mail to ya today for the Blues Hog I still owed ya for! We'll be there Friday morning as well. I'm thinking around 9 or 9:30 if everything goes well.

By the way... Bill Bruner (forgot his wood company name) is going to be up there sometime Friday if anyone needs wood. Right now, he has cherry, oak and hickory. Pretty reasonable also. Don't know all his prices on sticks but chunks, he sells a large feed bag full (to the top... not closed) for $10 each. A large grocery brown bag full is $6. If anyone needs an order, his number is (816) 674-4119.

EDIT: Todd, well, I just went up and told my wife you'll be at Platte City... she tells me she didn't get a chance to get to the post office this afternoon. Soooo.... see ya Friday with your check!
KCBS Member #14287

Old 05-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #11
Jeff_in_KC

Looks like rain is totally out of the forecast for Friday/Saturday! sunny and upper 70's to low 80's!
KCBS Member #14287

Old 05-08-2007, 04:48 PM   #12
Plowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smknwhlswife View Post
Turn in is at the Meeting Hall next to the Bath House. You have such a long haul.

Don't know if we will be doing people's choice or not.
Hope I don't trip crossing the street.

Quote:
Looks like rain is totally out of the forecast for Friday/Saturday! sunny and upper 70's to low 80's!
SWEET!!! But, it will probably change again.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:46 PM   #13
Jeff_in_KC

Locked and loaded and pulling out of here around 8am in the morning. There are a few scattered thunderstorms around but nothing organized and isn't supposed to mess with the weekend! See y'all up there!
KCBS Member #14287

Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 PM   #14
Plowboy

Quote:
Locked and loaded and pulling out of here around 8am in the morning. There are a few scattered thunderstorms around but nothing organized and isn't supposed to mess with the weekend! See y'all up there!
I'm hoping to get out by 9am. Got my meat trimmed and the camper loaded. Hy-Vee is cutting me fresh thighs in the morning before 8am. Chickens just killed Wednesday.

I have got some KILLER spares from Tom's Meat Market. Never have I had a three pack with three awesome ribs and no shiners.

Briskets look killer. One is about perfect. And I got to pick my butts out of a case from Tom's. Cooking 8# butts that are almost the same size.

I may not cook worth a chit, but I'm going to start out with some killer product. I'll only have the cook to blame come Saturday afternoon.

Andy - I got your parsley. Wash, wrapped, and ready to deliver. There must have been 50 bundles in that case. I only washed half of it and that's enough for about 3 teams.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:32 AM   #15
Jeff_in_KC

Quote:
I'm hoping to get out by 9am. Got my meat trimmed and the camper loaded. Hy-Vee is cutting me fresh thighs in the morning before 8am. Chickens just killed Wednesday.

I have got some KILLER spares from Tom's Meat Market. Never have I had a three pack with three awesome ribs and no shiners.

Briskets look killer. One is about perfect. And I got to pick my butts out of a case from Tom's. Cooking 8# butts that are almost the same size.

I may not cook worth a chit, but I'm going to start out with some killer product. I'll only have the cook to blame come Saturday afternoon.

Andy - I got your parsley. Wash, wrapped, and ready to deliver. There must have been 50 bundles in that case. I only washed half of it and that's enough for about 3 teams.

Parsley?? You got good parsley??? Where?
KCBS Member #14287