Burn Ban! WTFark????

My brother-in-law lives in Coupeville. It's a beautiful part of the country.

I agree with the Broken Arrow dude, fire it up but have the ability to put out a fire handy and let her rip! My back yard in Collinsville has water standing in it this summer, 3 1/2 inches of rain so far this month, almost a moat if you will. Last two summers where burn banned for months on end, I never slowed down on the Q.

I guess I should have thought about that. I am in the city limits, so I'll have to check a bit more into it.:caked:

I guess I just get ahead of myself and don't think when it comes to something interrupting my grillin time.

I get a little touchy :boxing: when my god givin right to bbq/grill is taken away!!

I pay taxes in both counties just depends on where I'm standing:biggrin1:

Just realized that I drove through Jonesboro a few months ago driving to Temple. Next time I'll stock up on beer and plan to pass through around lunch time.

So their is a burn ban in my county. Not really a big deal I thought, until I found out that the burn ban includes CHARCOAL GRILLS. WTF??? REALLY??? Apparently the ban does not include gassers. The problem is I got rid of my gassers 5 years ago.

I don't condone breaking the law, but I just may have to become a renegade and fire up the Weber tonight anyways. Wife wants some burgers and wangs for the football game tonight.

Oh, I almost forgot....GO HAWKS!

DO IT ANYWAY! :icon_devil

seriously though...do it anyway. get all rage against the machine on the chit too if needed.

and honestly this makes no sense - it's been raining every afternoon/evening all summer long. i'm sure it has been down there too - you can't be more than about 10 miles south of me **** EDIT*** got confused - thought Talonbrew posted this, but it's been raining every dang day in Denver too!

Last edited:
'85-'89. Used to part time bartend at For Pete's Sake.

That brings back memories. Pete's is gone. Been replaced 4 times now and the road is now one way. I saw the old owners son a few weeks back, Miguel is all grown up.

Lots of other stuff has changed too. ennens is gone, we got a Walmart, Albertsons, and home depot too.

I guess the three days of rain has worked!

No more ban for recreational fires to include bbq's!:-D

I get why they ban charcoal bbq - people probably dump hot coals without thinking.

We don't have "burn bans" around here for the sake of wildfire but we do have them occasionally for air quality. I've never let one stop me from grilling or smoking.

We don't have "burn bans" around here for the sake of wildfire but we do have them occasionally for air quality. I've never let one stop me from grilling or smoking.
I always thought the air smelled BETTER when someone is grilling or smoking.

Back