The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

Forum Portal Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Brethren Banners
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, Equipment and just outdoor cookin' in general, hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures... but stay on topic. And watch for that hijacking.

Unread 02-01-2013, 08:54 PM   #1
samfsu
Full Fledged Farker

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
Default Take 1,000,000 Dry or Wet cure BACON

Since the temps have dipped in south florida, I have been thinking about doing some bacon. Figure I will do it at night next weekend when the temps go down and do it over night.

I am trying to find a recipe/tutorial on here and it has been daunting.

So my fellow brethren whom I have learned so much from, what say you on wet vs dry cures for bacon. Please help! I greatly appreciate it.

Unread 02-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
Smoking Westy
Full Fledged Farker

Page 2 of my thread has the dry cure I use. I've done it both ways. Wet brining is quicker and I feel you can get more flavor imparted on the belly but if you are doing any quantity then dry bringing is the way to go.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=151671

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.

Thanks from:--->
Unread 02-02-2013, 07:49 AM   #3
samfsu
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoking Westy View Post
Page 2 of my thread has the dry cure I use. I've done it both ways. Wet brining is quicker and I feel you can get more flavor imparted on the belly but if you are doing any quantity then dry bringing is the way to go.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=151671

Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions.
Thanks so much westy. I did see your other none sliced thread! Question for you, how do you think the taste diff is between the hot smoked and the cold? Im in Ft lauderdale and think it is gonna be tough to do cold smoking.

Tags
bacon, cure, dry cure, wet cure