Brisket UN-appreciation thread

Comparing brisket, tri-tip, ribeye steak and picanha is like comparing lobster, crab, shrimp and scampi, there is no comparing them. They are all different and all very good when done well. I would bet very few folks have had tri-tip done as well as it can be done, if you think it is simple or single dimensioned, you haven't had it done at it's best. The very same can be said for brisket or rib-eye steak.

Comparing brisket, tri-tip, ribeye steak and picanha is like comparing lobster, crab, shrimp and scampi, there is no comparing them. They are all different and all very good when done well. I would bet very few folks have had tri-tip done as well as it can be done, if you think it is simple or single dimensioned, you haven't had it done at it's best. The very same can be said for brisket or rib-eye steak.

Well said Ladarc! :thumb:

I'm depressed, and excited.
I share the views on both side of the aisle.
I agree, a brisket is a lot of work, especially if it doesn't turn out all that great, but when it does, heaven.

Anyway, I'm smoking a 11 lb'r tomorrow. Going to try some different techniques from my last one. I've been avoiding smoking one for over a year, but I will not quit until I smoke one that is perfect (to my taste).

Going to be a loooong day.

A voice of reason...

It's all good even chicken. But when I do beef , usually go with a clod instead or what on sale.

Not saying this is the case here, but it really is true that most have never had a properly cooked Brisket. The idea of cooking one does seem to intimidate many. Just look at how many threads we get about someone cooking their first Brisket and seeking advice desperately not wanting to screw it up.

But one thing that I have recently learned is that cooking a Brisket right is actually very easy. It's learning how to cook it that is a pain.

Makes me think of one of my all-time favorite quotes from Bob Dylan,

"Half of the people can be part right all of the time,
Some of the people can be all right part of the time,
But all of the people can't be all right all of the time.
I think Abraham Lincoln said that."

since were all being so honest here...

ive never even had brisket :eek:

i love my ribs so much i just cant have anything else lol, i can do pulled pork from time to time but ribs is where its at, baby back, spares, wet dry i love em all

Grandpa always said "If everyone liked the same thing I'd have had a lot more competition for Grandma"

I hate mushrooms but I have no doubt that many of you love them.

So I have yet to have anyone tell me of a BBQ cut that is more overrated, anything out there?

Back