Contest Results BrickStreet BBQ Marietta, OH

roksmith

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Great Weekend.. Except for the little storm right around turn in.

Congrats to Grand Champion Timothy T and the BBQ High Rollers.
Great Job 3Eyez BBQ for Reserve Grand Champion.

Chicken
1st District Barbeque
2nd Jacked UP BBQ
3rd BlackSmith Barbrcue Co.
4th Hoosier Crawdaddy
5th Can't Stop Grillin'
6th Getta Que
7th Kick Back Cove Racing & BBQ
8th Chix, Swine, and Bovine
9th Rolling Smoke BBQ
10th Smokin' Scotsmen

Ribs
1st Williams' Smokem' If You Got Em
2nd Brutus and Company
3rd Extreme Roasters
4th Regal BBQst
5th Timothy T and the BBQ High Rollers
6th Cowboy Dan
7th Hoosier Drawdaddy
8th Whiskey Bent BBQ
9th 3Eyez BBQ
10th Hoosier Smokin' Daddy

Pork
1st Regal BBQ
2nd Extreme Roasters
3rd Wrangler BBQ
4th Bronze Star BBQ
5th Cowboy Dan
6th Rubbed Smoked and Sauced
7th 2 Worthless Nuts
8th Timothy T and the BBQ High Rollers
9th 3Eyez BBQ
10 Hoosier Smokin' Daddy

Brisket
1st 3Eyez BBQ
2nd BlackSmith Barbecue Co.
3rd Getta Que
4th Kick Back Cove Racing & BBQ
5th Timothy T and the BBQ High Rollers
6th Can't Stop Grillin'
7th Jacked Up BBQ
8th Cowboy Dan
9th District Barbecue
10th Velvet Smoke

Full Results will be posted on the website

OK, who used the Teriyaki sauce on their pork turn in? Was it one of the Brethren here? It was delicious. :thumb: :thumb: It was nice to taste something different.

Are you serious????? My pork got hammered down there. I guess the lack of cbj may have haunted me. I heard a lot of judges calling it the pulled pork category. I put anything but pulled pork in my box!!!!

A lot of contests do that Matt. I always tell the organizer that they need to say pork.... We don't need to be knocked down because we do not only have pulled in the box.

There ya go Bubba, pineapple-teriyaki flavored brisket.
Can we call dibbs on next yrs parking spot, the parking garage was a great spot, had a really good time and glad to have met some new friends.

Scott

Are you serious????? My pork got hammered down there. I guess the lack of cbj may have haunted me. I heard a lot of judges calling it the pulled pork category. I put anything but pulled pork in my box!!!!

Thanks! :bow:

Matt & Dan,

Great meeting you both. Dan, congrats on reserve! Matt, thanks for all your help and congrats on the 2 walks - wish I could have tried some of your chicken.

Absolutely tanked our ribs which is our strong-point. Matt, if you recall they were done early and instead of wrapping them tightly in plastic wrap and possibly sacrificing tenderness (overdone) I tried to hold them for over an hour in a foil tent and they dried out. Also, our homemade glaze was prepped before but not cooked and I didn't get heat on it until after chicken turn-in so I only had about 5 minutes to heat and get it on the ribs - so the combo of almost raw glaze and opening/reheating dug us a nice little hole. Won't make that mistake again!

Matt - what was your concern about "lack of cbj"? Was the CBJ % much lower with the big jump in teams from last year - I didn't hear anything?

See you on the flipside one day and good luck! Matt S.

I don't know about Teriykai, but it appears that pineapple flavored brisket is popular in Ohio. But you didn't hear that from me. :icon_shy

Sometimes it is tough to tell on here when someone is blowin' smoke or serious??? Pineapple? More than once?

Thanks for judging! What was your overall impression?

Chicken

2nd Jacked UP BBQ

Brisket

7th Jacked Up BBQ

Damn, I am guessing that we did not end up even close to on the same tables there....he he he....

had a good time, congrats to you Dan, hellova showing for your "home field".....was good to see everyone......and now off to the next adventure.....

Sometimes it is tough to tell on here when someone is blowin' smoke or serious??? Pineapple?

Thanks for judging! What was your overall impression?

Maybe some one was using pineapple juice as a tenderizer and that's where the flavor came from.

Overall impression on the food that I judged was, very good.
Brisket, like I said, was the best I've ever had.

The highlight of the trip was I got to meet the 2 Worthless Nuts. :shock:

WOW - pineapple brisket, that is interesting. I had the most inconsistent scoring ever at this comp. Not complaining, its just weird the way the scoring went. Especially on pork, here are my scores
pork 899...988...756...768....576...888
ribs 998...888...677...668...676...889
judges 3, 4, and 5 were tough cookies!!!!!

jacked up;
lol...i know what you mean about the pork scores. we must been on the same table. our pork scores was 767 765 899 988 988 776. little all over the place.
smokem if you gotem bbq

I was also there judging this contest this past weekend. It was a good time, had some good food and some that wasn't so good. Also got to meet a few of the Brethren while I was there.

My brisket tenderness scores were 9,9,8,7,6,5. ? Were there some toothless judges there?
WOW - pineapple brisket, that is interesting. I had the most inconsistent scoring ever at this comp. Not complaining, its just weird the way the scoring went. Especially on pork, here are my scores
pork 899...988...756...768....576...888
ribs 998...888...677...668...676...889
judges 3, 4, and 5 were tough cookies!!!!!

Nope - just some people that think tender is falling apart and others that think it needs a pull test first. Heck probably some of the judges were newbies and had never had brisket before the class and thought it should be cooked like pot roast.

You can't teach taste and tenderness so we see scores like these. I figure if I don't get a 5 on the sheet then scoring was pretty good. Been doing pretty good so far this year.

My brisket tenderness scores were 9,9,8,7,6,5. ? Were there some toothless judges there?

Funy you say that about the toothless judges. There actually was one there that I was talking to about chicken skin. All I was thinking is would I be way out of line to call the kcbs and say it should be a requirement for them to have all teeth? How can a person with only fangs judge chicken or ribs?? WTF

Back