Brisket injection

DoctorCueNC

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So I had a question for those who’ve been injecting briskets for comps. When I’ve gone to inject the last few contests it seems all the injections just pours out the injection site as I slowly remove the needle. It seems to cause a less than “popping” flavored slice.

I’m using a 14ga needle and a spit jack on setting 4 giving about a 3/4 squeeze as I slowly pull out of the meat. If I pour off the pooled injection in my pan back into the cup I was pulling out of it looks like very little was used. Any thoughts on what to do to get the brisket to hold the injection better?

Let the meat warm up a little. Right out of the cooler the meat can be cold enough to "squeeze" some of the injection back out.

When I inject I place my finger over the injection hole while I move onto the next injection site. Once the second injection site has been completed I move my finger off the first hole and onto the next hole.

So I had a question for those who’ve been injecting briskets for comps. When I’ve gone to inject the last few contests it seems all the injections just pours out the injection site as I slowly remove the needle. It seems to cause a less than “popping” flavored slice.

I’m using a 14ga needle and a spit jack on setting 4 giving about a 3/4 squeeze as I slowly pull out of the meat. If I pour off the pooled injection in my pan back into the cup I was pulling out of it looks like very little was used. Any thoughts on what to do to get the brisket to hold the injection better?
make sure there's no air pocket in your syringe after you fill it. That will cause it also.

Back