Hot Wachula's BBQ Class

DR

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Just checking to see who all has been to Matt's class and your thoughts of it.

THanks for any info, DR

I went to Matt's first class. It was very informative. I cook alone with a dishwasher so it was nice to see how Matt does it on his own. Every move he makes has a reason.

I had taken Myron's class prior to Matt's and it was interesting to see the difference of how someone with a crew of 5 or 6 does it compared to someone who can do it , and do it well on his own.

I would not hesitate recommending Matt's class to anyone. His knowledge of competition BBQ is second to none, and his knowledge of rubs and sauces to obtain the desired flavor profile is worth the price of admission alone.

thank you guys very much. I was signed up for another very respected class this fall and unfortunately it was cancelled. Now I'm weighing my options for a winter class and like Matt's approach as I also cook alone.

I took Matt's first class as well and I can echo the sentiment that he knows his stuff. He answered the "Why do I do this?" question well and that is as important as the action itself. This was my wife's first class and since then she has become a more integral part of what we do on comp day.

As an aside our chicken finishes in the five KCBS' contests since Matt's class:
6th (tied for 2nd!), 2nd, 1st, 7th, 3rd

Thanks for the kind words. Just posted dates for my next 2 classes. Oct 17-18 and Dec 19-20. I can say I have learned a lot as well. Each class get a little smoother. The information is the same just working all the little details out to make sure everyone gets everything they can from the class. Its hard to delegate when your used to cooking by yourself. lol
Look forward to seeing you DR

Matt, do you have a link to the classes?

I'd love to take your class, Brother!

Matt - I don't have FB but would like to sign up for the December class, what is the best way to do this? Do you have a website?

Back