September ***SPECIAL*** "Bacon Makes Everything Better!" Throwdown (Entry & Discussion Thread) Lasts All Month!

Chicken breast rollups

This is my entry for the bacon throw down. And this is the recipe: first you smoke your pork belly then you slice it; next you slice your chicken breasts into thin slabs and gently pound them if wanting to thin them out more; next you spread softened cream cheese over the slice and top with chopped green onions and parsley, season with salt, pepper and complete seasoning and garlic powder; next you roll up the chicken breast and wrap with bacon; cover tightly with foil and bake for 40 minutes 400 degrees; remove cover and return to oven for another 40 minutes or until bacon is browned. Finally you shove it in your face. Plated with mixed wild rice and steamed vegetables.
Please use the next to the last picture with 4 chicken rolls on the platter as entry picture.

Attachments

• Bacon slabs.jpg
    Bacon slabs.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Bacon slicer.jpg
    Bacon slicer.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 57
  • Bacon spread.jpg
    Bacon spread.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Bacon wrap.jpg
    Bacon wrap.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 56
  • Bacon done.jpg
    Bacon done.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 215
  • Bacon plated.jpg
    Bacon plated.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 55
Following BobBrisket's lead, here is my 2nd entry into the "Bacon Makes Everything Better" Throwdown. Pepper rings, ABT's and Shrimp Stuffed Mini Peppers. Cooks thread can be found HERE.

hHYfhw6.jpg

Richard a quick question. I know this is a bacon TD meaning cured but does it have to be cured? Can it be an uncured belly? Asking for a friend. :p

Richard a quick question. I know this is a bacon TD meaning cured but does it have to be cured? Can it be an uncured belly? Asking for a friend. :p

I had a feeling you would ask this question for your "friend". :razz:

Our research team has concluded that while bacon is traditionally cured, bacon is still technically defined as bacon even if it hasn't been cured, as long as it's been smoked. This is what's typically known as uncured bacon, so be sure to let your friend know!

I had a feeling you would ask this question for your "friend". :razz:

Our research team has concluded that while bacon is traditionally cured, bacon is still technically defined as bacon even if it hasn't been cured, as long as it's been smoked. This is what's typically known as uncured bacon, so be sure to let your friend know!

10-4 :becky:

Back