• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Assassin smokers

ButchB

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anybody got any info on these? Seen one for sale on craigslist but can't find a website or anything. Just looking for info on sizes and pricing. Thanks

No, they don't have a website. I just received mine in last week. It's basically a clone of a Superior SS-Two. Racks are 24 X 24, slam latch, 5" casters, removable water pan, all standard... I paid $2k + $400 in shipping. He deducted $ for the guru since I already had a stoker.... What else would you like to know?

In the pictures it seems to be riveted together, not fully welded... What can you say about the build quality?

In the pictures it seems to be riveted together, not fully welded... What can you say about the build quality?

Where do you see rivets? As far as build quality goes, it would be the same as Superior Smokers (since he builds those), and Superior Owner's seem to be pretty proud of their equipment. :mrgreen:

The thing is either covered in screws or rivets if you look at the Craigslist pictures.

Where do you see rivets? As far as build quality goes, it would be the same as Superior Smokers (since he builds those), and Superior Owner's seem to be pretty proud of their equipment. :mrgreen:

I'm sure he's probably talking about this pic where you can see the heads of screws or rivets around the edge..

5L55N95F73If3F33Ndc4b10cd252ee3281be3.jpg

Thanks! Digi...are you happy with yours? What did you figure out on the water entering the smoker? Have you cooked with it with no temp controller? So he will deduct $300 if you don't need the controller? Thanks again

Thanks! Digi...are you happy with yours? What did you figure out on the water entering the smoker? Have you cooked with it with no temp controller? So he will deduct $300 if you don't need the controller? Thanks again

so far it seems pretty sound... although i've only done the seasoning, i watched for several hours and no smoke leaks anywhere that i've seen. waiting on a response on the water. the only thing that i can imagine is that i'm gonna have to tighten down the latches or run a bead of high temp silicone all along the rope gasket... unless Jeff has another idea...

i did the seasoning with no controller on it, since i don't have the adapter for my stoker yet (on it's way from Rock's), and it was not all that bad... i'm so used to the stoker that it took me a bit to get it figured out... took almost an hour to get it to 250 with the ball valve open all the way and that's where it seemed to hum along. i had to open the firebox door knock the grate a bit to get and leave the door open to get it up to 375-400, but then closed the door and left the ball valve about 1/2 open and it hummed between 375-425... so i imagine the stoker will take care of that if i want to do higher cooks... of course this is all judging by the temp gauge on the door...

and yes he took off $300 for no guru...

I just got a Superior SS-2 from Jeff back in March this year. Mine has been doing fine. I am running a BBQ Guru on mine and it takes about 30-45 minutes to get up to temp (~250*F). What type of wood chunks do you guys use and where do you place them? Do you soak in water first?

So far I have been putting mine in the ash pan but looking for different/better options...

Screws or rivets, my concern would be the same: what about water and bad stuff getting into the insulation? I'd think you would want it sealed to the nines.....

we are tryin to keep it with standard gun barrel grey. At this time i don't think we are doing custom colors but if u call u might be able to talk to Jeff about the colors

At this point we are going to ask that any further questions about price, shipping, options, sales, etc be handled via PM only and NOT within this thread.

Bob

So is Assassin Smoker the "new" Superior? The Superior website has been taken down!

Back