I thought the price was reasonable.

Sandwich with sides and homemade dessert for 10$? They complained it was too much? Around me you'd be lucky to get the sandwich for 10$. Some people just want something for nothing. We'd get 20$ for that around here. Might even offer choice of side not both.
This.
Complaining about 10$ for a fundraiser where you are only paying normal price (or cheaper!) for a real product is simply absurd. Some people dont get it. When the Boyscouts want $$ for fundraisers Im not thinking "whats in it for me?" These folks got a killer deal on home cooked food! I would be tempted to give them their money back loudly in front of all the grateful customers. What a joke.

People always complain. No matter what you do they are going to complain.

This needed repeating! I do youth group fundraisers all year long. Doesn't matter what you charge, there will be a group of people that will complain. And if it's not about the price, it's about the quantity, quality, or some other thing. Smile, be happy, and forget it.

Bama,
I know that I'm late to the party, but don't sweat $10. I do the same for a pulled pork or chicken sandwich, and a couple sides (mac & cheese or baked beans) and cole slaw. I run a BBQ charity on the side to raise money for others. Pretty much everyone tells me I should charge more. I'm in Northern VA, and prided myself in being cheaper than the BBQ restaurants. This spring it finally clicked, we are all volunteer so I SHOULD be charging what others are to maximize the benefit to others. I think I have had one or two people in 2 1/2 years think the price was high.

Great job!

Buzz, Congratulations on the $2,000. The price was certainly fair. It was for a church youth group, fundraiser for crying out loud. I would probably paid $10 for the plate and given the kids another $20 just for kicks.

Wow, I can't figure out what these farkers think a fundraiser is. It seems like they think it means they should get a free meal. In my mind you did well.

Even in my economically depressed area $10 is a good deal for all that. I think it all depends on how many kids you have with you to feed. lol Have to give all you guys credit for doing all that work. :-D

Even in my economically depressed area $10 is a good deal for all that. I think it all depends on how many kids you have with you to feed. lol Have to give all you guys credit for doing all that work. :-D

This was our thought as well. My goodness they were getting 5 to 5 1/2 ounces of pulled pork per sammich, two sides and a dessert (homemade at that). But the brethren are right. You'll always have some people that just want something for nothing or just simply want to complain.

Back