Wish me luck........

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I head out to an auction tomorrow morning to bid on this old beauty. I hope I don't get into a bidding war with some other crazy fark that wants it as bad as I do. Hopefully the next pic I post of her will be of her in the garage getting prepped for some new paint!!
ace_1232174901_1239727245.jpg

Good luck Bob!
Some of the dumbest people that I have ever encountered have been at auctions.
They may want to pay more for that smoker than the new retail price.
Then again, you may get it for 40 bucks!

Weiser

I head out to an auction tomorrow morning to bid on this old beauty. I hope I don't get into a bidding war with some other crazy fark that wants it as bad as I do. Hopefully the next pic I post of her will be of her in the garage getting prepped for some new paint!!
ace_1232174901_1239727245.jpg

:-DThanks!! Hopefully she goes for under 60. Looks like that's gonna be my limit. Maybe a bit more if the interior is in good shape. If I don't get her, they have a nice upright freezer that I might bid on too.

P.S. I hope I dont see any Brethren hats there or I'm in trouble.:shock:

Good luck Bob, I hope you get to bring her home. :cool:

Good Luck! Auctions are great, I stole my Cookshack 105 for $32.50. Bring it home! John

Good luck. The last aoction that I heard about was @ Meadow Creek. People paid more for something used than new. Be sure to set your top price

So, what is the results, should be be waiting on pics, or just say better luck next time....

I would rather see pics myself.

BTW Bob, is this place better than the other one or what???? :twisted: I ain't been back yet, have you???

Knowing Bob he spent the $20 reserve on beer and he is partaking in the oats as he is working the wire brush on his new prize.

He's holding out!

Attachments

• 1892_mad_smiley_banging_head_against_a_brick_wall.gif
    1892_mad_smiley_banging_head_against_a_brick_wall.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 95
Sorry guys.:cry: Been kinda bummed. The wallet only had 60 in it and the biddind started at 50, ended up going for 65. It was just me and these other two guys that were obviously working together. the bidding took all of like 30 seconds. They wanted it bad too and we could have gone up to 100 or so the way it was going. Payday is at the end of the month and 60 was all I could do...............even at that I was stretching it.
It was the 4th item up for bid and it sold for more than each of the 3 TV's that went before it. Even the autioneer said he couldn't believe it a 'Smoker' would sell for more than a tv. I guess he doesn't get it.
It was a REAL Bandera too. The firebox was a bit beat up internally. But nice shape overall.
Just wasn't meant to be!:|

Back