Favorite chicken rub ?

allboy

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Looking for some different rubs ( not recipes) to try on chicken? some of the past ones that have treated me well: Plowboys, Clucker dust, Oakridge BBQ. Any suggestions?

Tried the Fire Dancer rubs after listening to Malcolm Reed's podcast where they did comp chicken. I used it on wings with no type of sauce and I actually liked it a lot. Will be using it more in the future once the new smoker is finished to see how much I really like it.

I tried Dink's Sweet Mesquite Heat on some thighs a few days ago. It jumped ahead of a
few of my higher end rubs in flavor.

We really like the Jack Daniels chicken rub. That's been a hit in our household. John Henry's Pecan rub is good also.

Weber Kickin Chicken,Dizzy Pigs Wonder Bird,Cavenders,Dizzy Pig Spicy Dizzy Dust.

Oakridge Smokey Chili Lime...plain ol' McCormicks Lemon Pepper is still pretty good too..

I typically roll the Oakridge Secret Weapon. Have done a few rounds with Meat Church's Voodoo rub that people seemed to like if they were into spicy.

Have you ever tried Swine Life Mississippi Grind? It's got some awesome savoryness for chicken.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I have 2....Weber Kickin Chicken and Oakridge Chili Lime (just purchased it and it is good)

Back