MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:29 PM   #16
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

Both the options you're considering are really nice grills. The specs on Blaze are great but there isn't a lot of information on them outside of BBQ Guys and the related websites and Blaze is their house brand so I wouldn't consider what's there free from bias. I really like the Napoleon. I've been happy with my Weber Genesis but I don't think I'd spend the kind of money that the Summit costs on one. I think Napoleon is a better option at the higher end. Even further down in the market, I'm not thrilled with the second generation Genesis grills and would probably go with Broil King, Blaze or Napoleon.

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-15-2019, 10:59 PM   #17
The Wookiee
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : %#$*

I have a blaze pro 44”... it’s outstanding.

Except... 1) rear rotisserie burner lacking power & 2) needed to run a bead of high temp silicone around where hood touches when closed to keep water out of drip pan.

Don’t really care about 1... I find rear rotisserie burners meh anyway; do fine without rear when spinning & 2 = 10 dollar few minute fix. No more water in drip tray.

The burners are HEAVY as are flame tamers and the grates. thick. ass. stainless. I plopped in infrared burner as well. The whole thing can run infernal hot or indirect / zones as needed.

Really happy with it. Would do it again. Was b/w blaze dcs lynx and deep down I didn’t want ceramic thing to break and it came in well cheaper as well.
Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about the blaze.

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-16-2019, 08:54 AM   #18
Bdsankey
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Brad

Another two options I was considering were from Sams Club/Members Mark. I got to put hands on two of them yesterday and they seem very good quality for the money. The GT seems MUCH MUCH more high end compared to all of the other grills they offer.

GT Elite 7 Burner
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/member...lp_product_1_7

Stainless 6 Burner
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/member...p_product_1_11

Old 05-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #19
Bdsankey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubs View Post
Have you thought of a pellet grill like a Mac, Traeger etc? I can't recommend any gas grill for taste.
I have. I'd love a Yoder YS640s or a Mak 2 star since it comes with the flame zone as opposed to ordering it separate.

I've read too many bad things about the time it takes Traeger's to heat up as well as their lacking ability to direct grill.

Old 05-17-2019, 06:16 AM   #20
Dweverett
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
Another two options I was considering were from Sams Club/Members Mark. I got to put hands on two of them yesterday and they seem very good quality for the money. The GT seems MUCH MUCH more high end compared to all of the other grills they offer.

GT Elite 7 Burner
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/member...lp_product_1_7

Stainless 6 Burner
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/member...p_product_1_11
I'd read some pretty good things about the construction of the one at Costco as well (they have it without the island as well)

https://www.costco.com/Signateur-5-B...100383308.html

Personally, I'm going to stick with major brands going forward. The grill I had prior to the weber was purchased at Costco. It was sold under a Costco specific brand name but was built by one of the higher end companies (can't remember which, might have been RH Peterson who also make Fire Magic)

It was a major lemon and it was almost impossible to get parts a couple years out as it was a one-off build. That's the concern I would have with the Members Mark ones as well. Both companies come out with new versions of these pretty much every year and there isn't a service structure to continue to support any specific model.

Gifted to various children — Kamado Joe Classic, 36” Blackstone Griddle, Weber Genesis, Rectec 680
Dweverett is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 05-17-2019, 07:54 AM   #21
Bdsankey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dweverett View Post
Both the options you're considering are really nice grills. The specs on Blaze are great but there isn't a lot of information on them outside of BBQ Guys and the related websites and Blaze is their house brand so I wouldn't consider what's there free from bias. I really like the Napoleon. I've been happy with my Weber Genesis but I don't think I'd spend the kind of money that the Summit costs on one. I think Napoleon is a better option at the higher end. Even further down in the market, I'm not thrilled with the second generation Genesis grills and would probably go with Broil King, Blaze or Napoleon.
A Napoleon Prestige 500RSIB is what is drawing my eye currently.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:06 AM   #22
Pocchampion
Full Fledged Farker

Search replacement parts and you find that Weber has great availability. My Genesis 1000 is 23 Year’s old and last year I replaced the burners for the second time. Although it was considered expensive when I bought it, I am way ahead of my neighbors that purchase crap and replace every 3 to 5 years. Weber also has many forums you can check out for tips and restoration help if you buy used and rehab. From a support and parts perspective, it simply cannot be beat.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:52 AM   #23
MattGoose
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdsankey View Post
A Napoleon Prestige 500RSIB is what is drawing my eye currently.
I keep coming back to Napoleon, they seem to make a really nice product with similar features for the same or less money...

I can't find a ton in the way of hands on reviews, especially in the Rogue model that I'm looking at.

I reached out to their Customer Service on a different question the other day, they told me they are redesigning their burner systems to up output from 12 to 14k BTU. No firm release date, but they will provide the upgraded orifices they are going to be using free of charge if you buy an existing grill.
MattGoose is offline   Reply With Quote