Cherry Wood

N

NutBush Smoker

I have an opportunity to bid on 2 - 42''x36''x24'' crates stacked a bit over the top of them with Cherry Firewood. I was just wondering what a good price for it would be. The pieces look to be about 12-18 inches long and already split.

That completely depends on where you live, in my experience. If I figure correctly, that ought to equal about half a rick (a "standard" rick being 4' x 8' x 16" -- half of a cord). A rick of cherry here goes for $40-$50 ($80-100 a cord), so I'd stay below $25 in bidding here.

Now, you go down to Texas or New Mexico, or out to California, and that cherry wood is going to be way more expensive than $40-$50.

I would guess in Michigan it would run you between $50-$75 a rick for cherry ($100-150 a cord). Just a guess, based on general info about Midwestern wood prices and the fact that Michigan has a lot of cherry trees. So I dunno if that helps at all...

I have seen 36 x 36 x 24 crates of cherry and apple wood for $30 on 53 south of Almont Mi at yoders farm if that helps

Thanks for the info guys. I plan on keeping on eye on them during the auction. If I can't get them for around $30 then its off to Yoders to get some.

Back