Monday night Tri Tip

Frank Sacco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Thanks to Bob S. and Mrs. Bob S. for hooking me up with my first Tri Tip roast. Great People!!

I seasoned it with Emeril's Original Essence and let it rest until the Performer was ready. I cooked indirect until the internal temp reached 130, then seared 2 min each side. Outrageous!!

Last edited:
I love Tri-Tip! I've tried cooking it a few different ways, smoking, on the drum, the Egg, but my favorite is on the Weber-sear both sides then move it off to the side indirect until 135*!
Yours looks great!

I love Tri-Tip! I've tried cooking it a few different ways, smoking, on the drum, the Egg, but my favorite is on the Weber-sear both sides then move it off to the side indirect until 135*!
Yours looks great!

Chosen cooking method for tonights cook: Reverse sear
Start off indirect, then sear until lightly blackend. I threw 2 pieces of apple wood in during the cook for added flavor. :-D

The juices were running off the cutting board...

Tri-tip...love that cut of meat.

Yours looks really good.

Makin me hungry, this late isn't good. I'm just glad there are no sliced picks!?!?
;)

very good looking we cook low and slow 160 for 3 hrs meat falls apart ..even the not so good meat taste good lol

NICE tri...

it always amazes me you guys can stand the wait time on letting them rest.

I always want to just take a nibble....and another....and another...

NICE tri...

it always amazes me you guys can stand the wait time on letting them rest.

I always want to just take a nibble....and another....and another...

No resting here, momma was hungry! Sliced and served within minutes

That looks real good! I did three tri tips on Sunday for the first time. What a fantastic piece of meat!

Yeah tri tips are an awesome piece of meat (its the cap off of the top sirloin). I like mine sliced about 3/4 - 1 inch thick across the grain and cooked on the grill like you do a tbone, strip, or ribeye. That way it doesn't take 2-3 hours to cook :)

Mike

Tri Tip is AWESOME and really soaks up the flavor from rubs and marinades real well. One of the house favorites!

Back