Weber Ash Catcher For 22.5"?

Fishawn

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Looking for the lower unit that has the enclosed "bowl" (like a Gold) and not the open bowl like the Silvers. Amazon & I think Weber used to have them, but could not find one on either site..... Any suggestions on where to look?

This is the gold. Were you looking for something different?

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-1351001-One-Touch-Kettle-22-Inch/dp/B0098HR0WM/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1367470980&sr=8-3&keywords=weber+22.5"]Amazon.com: Weber 1351001 One-Touch Gold Kettle Grill, 22-Inch, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Weber-751001-One-Touch-2-Inch-Kettle/dp/B00004RALR/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1367470980&sr=8-4&keywords=weber+22.5"]Amazon.com: Weber 751001 Gold One-Touch 22-1/2-Inch Kettle Grill, Black: Patio, Lawn & Garden[/ame]

If you're looking for just the bowl, then call weber or go on ebay.

Thanks for the reply.... I'm actually looking at installing the "gold" type ash catcher pan on a 90's (Master's Touch, I think) Red kettle that I might be getting that currently has the open ash pan.... Just like the enclosed pan better personally. Thanks!

Weber has a lot of stuff that you may not see on their website, you need to call them.

Weber has a lot of stuff that you may not see on their website, you need to call them.

Yes, if I can't find out where to get one, I will.... I recently moved & the "hubcaps" came off my 2011 Performer somewhere & could not find them.... I emailed Weber asking where I could find some to order, cause I didn't see them on the website & 5 days later I had a set of "hubcaps" & some other additional parts on my doorstep..... Weber service is The Best!

I had a one touch silver and turned it into a one touch gold. Just call weber customer service up and tell them that you need the ash ring and pan because yours were damaged. It will come out to about $20-$30 shipped to your door step.

Call weber, they will sell you any parts even if they're not listed on the site.

The Weber website is lacking, imo.

However, their customer service more than makes up for it w/ their penchant for doling out free parts. :wink:

I thought that the older models needed special attachments to get the ash catcher to work. I don't know if the newer model ash catcher will just fit right on. Ask CD, that's who I heard it from, he might know more.

The new ash catcher will not work on the older kettles. I had this issue with a SS performer I just rehabbed. Weber no longer stocks the old OTG ash catcher an the new ones will not fit. I love weber customer service and the lady stayed on the phone with me for quite a while and we could not find the part anywhere. I ended up making one out of some metal I was able to bend and cut. Now my ash catcher stays in place.

Thanks for the reply.... I'm actually looking at installing the "gold" type ash catcher pan on a 90's (Master's Touch, I think) Red kettle that I might be getting that currently has the open ash pan.... Just like the enclosed pan better personally. Thanks!

The ash catcher on a Master Touch does not attach the same way as on a OTG.

On an OTG, the ash catcher attaches to the legs. On a Master Touch, it attaches to the center bolt of the OTG system, like this...

picture.php

The bowl part of the OTG ash catcher is the same as the one on a Master Touch, and those are readily available. The hanger part is the hard thing to get. Weber doesn't make that part anymore.

CD

Good stuff folks, thanks for all the replies..... Now I gotta figure out if I can live with the open ash pan :decision:

For a Red Mastertouch? You can live with the open ashpan, easy. Enjoy!

For a Red Mastertouch? You can live with the open ashpan, easy. Enjoy!

You may be able to modify an OTG ash catcher to work.

Or, find a black Mater Touch, swap out the ash catchers, and sell the black kettle as a One Touch. You will lose some money in the transactions, but you will end up with a Red Master Touch.

CD

The new style ring will work, if you cut slits in the legs for the tabs on the new ring to fit in. I had to modify my 1993 performer this way. I used a dremmel to cut the slits.

The new style ring will work, if you cut slits in the legs for the tabs on the new ring to fit in. I had to modify my 1993 performer this way. I used a dremmel to cut the slits.

Can you post up some pictures of what you did?

CD

You can use a OTG ash can with the old OT+ kettle. You need to bend the little tab towards the inside 180 degrees. Then you use 3 hose clamps. One around each leg socket and around the normal attachment tab on the ring.

Master Touch kettles came w/ the ash pan, lid holder and removable lid thermometer.

Master Touch kettles came w/ the ash pan, lid holder and removable lid thermometer.

Not sure what it is really?..... has the lid holder and lid thermometer, but has the open ash pan, per pics..... Yet to see it.... Next week I hope

Back