Why the heck am I here instead of BBQ'ing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericthefred

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
It's an excellent question and one for which I have no answer, except to say that this is that great a site. Hello, I'm brand new here, but I've already learned much from the forum and plan to learn much more.

Don't expect to see a lot from me except questions; I have a lot of history as an amateur cook (to the point that I often receive the 'you should open a restaurant'! compliment from well-meaning people who have no idea how much work they are trying to wish upon me) but almost none doing BBQ, and even less using a real smoker. I've done some experimentation using smoker boxes inside my gas grill, but I just acquired an inexpensive cabinet smoker (Master Forge) and I and the family loved the results of my first pork ribs (a rack of back ribs + enough country ribs to bring it up to 5 lbs.) My only complaint is a notable lack of leftovers.

Anyway, thanks to all for the great advice I have already found here, and eventually I'm sure I will come up with a question that I can't search and find already answered here!

Welcome to the camp,
Ericthefred.
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home,
Enjoy.

Welcome to our crazy little club house!

Welcome from Indiana!!!!

THIS PLACE ROCKS!!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Welcome to the neighborhood. Run away, quickly, from the "you ought to open a restaurant" crowd...all they want if free food!! :-D

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back