Exciting New Model(s) from Old Country BBQ Pits

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I just picked up an Old Country Insulated Gravity Fed prototype T/E Smoker from Alejandro in Laredo. :heh:. It is about the size of an Assassin 24 or T&K Medium - maybe a lil bigger . 14 guage inner and outer skins with 2” of insulation. 3/16” charcoal chute.
He is still meeting with Academy on the specs for the store model . It will most likely be a smaller unit -possibly go to 1 inch insulation -like the size of a T&K small - but possibly in the $1200 neighborhood. :thumb:
I will post pictures tomorrow as I am driving back from Laredo as I type. He also has a couple other things he is working on - that I cannot say yet - but it’s pretty cool.

Last edited:
/pulls sealed envelope from pocket.

/opens and reads.

"yep- nailed it"

(some folk are curious and some are looking to add to their herd. Smitty is both of them.)

Good job!

Happy for you brother! Sorry I had to bail on the Laredo trip. $1,200 is a really nice price point for one the size of the T&K small gf.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Talk about dropping hints and adding to the suspense!! Pay off, man! We need a pay off!
Dang! He got home but his brakes failed. Good news is that the new cooker got "mounted" in the kitchen.
b05208657b2c09e51e3df08ab97c1f68.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That explains all the GF questions all of a sudden. What's next, a pellet cooker?

I have been thinking about my next smoker that my wife wouldn't divorce me over, and you may have the answer right there. Any idea when they will be available for the rest of us?

I have been thinking about my next smoker that my wife wouldn't divorce me over, and you may have the answer right there. Any idea when they will be available for the rest of us?

Could be in 2-3 months depending On what he and academy work out.......Could be a little longer

I was posting about and recommending and bumping threads about old country smokers on here and another forum before I ever had contact with old country . Old country made first contact with me in the thread posted linked above . From that contact we exchanged emails and he asked if I would be interested in being part of his test and evaluate market research team I would be given smokers in exchange for an honest review and recommendations on improving them . He also emails me when he has an idea and bounces them off of me and I tell him what I think about Them......

Last edited:
I was posting about and recommending and bumping threads about old country smokers on here and another forum before I ever had contact with old country . Old country made first contact with me in the thread posted linked above . From that contact we exchanged emails and he asked if I would be interested in being part of his test and evaluate market research team I would be given smokers in exchange for an honest review and recommendations on improving them . He also emails me when he has an idea and bounces them off of me and I tell him what I think about Them......

Man that is awesome! Dreams do come true! Can't wait to see some pics of this thing fired up ... what are you waiting for?!?

Back