All SS MAK 2 Star arrived...

Sorry bruthas for the delay in sharing a few pics/thoughts about the new all SS MAK 2 Star.

First, and kind of embarrassing. This grill felt considerably heavier to me than my last 2 Star (standard model). Based on the added level of exertion I felt I was giving during the build, I reached out to MAK and inquired about the weight difference. Was told the SS model comes in at 2 lbs more than the standard model... lol. Thinking it’s time to either hit the gym or surrender my man-card [emoji3061]

Second, I have seen several comments regarding the price tag on the all SS 2 Star being crazy expensive. No way would I try to argue against that statement... because it’s absolutely true! The SS model is definitely not for everyone... but MAK is also not the only high end US pellet grill manufacturer that now offers solid SS models. They are never cheap. And there is definitely a market for them as evidenced by those companies that already offer them. Perhaps a bit of perspective will help. If you buy the standard 2 Star and add the accessories that come standard on the all SS model, your total cost is gonna be $3634. The all SS model is $4499, or $865 more than the standard 2 Star decked out with the same options. So when putting them side by side with the same common options, you are paying $865 more for a 2 Star that is constructed from the ground up w/ 304 SS. Is it worth it? That’s what ya have to decide. Based on the excitement and willingness I see in others to invest in solid 304 SS cookers, I have no doubt that others will do the same here once they have determined the MAK 2 Star to be the grill for them [emoji846]. This will DEFINITELY be considered a lifetime cooker... so there’s that as well [emoji846]

Lastly, the new all SS 2 Star is quite a sight to behold, especially if you are used to the standard 2 Star. To see every nook and cranny be manufactured in marine grade 304 SS is amazingly impressive and gives one the feeling that this grill will never ever wear out... and will require zero maintenance to the finish other than regular cleaning which is super easy with the right cleaners.

Can’t wait to get this baby dirtied up... or should I say well seasoned?

Here are a few pics of this fantastic grill now sitting in my designated MAK zone [emoji846]

a711262e8d581fa38c3bd265969cf8bb.jpg

1ee4b734ef2fdb215fd5c0e584065bfa.jpg

a59ca4ffe286f58be8f0ec18a0ff620d.jpg

1e969bc23483003672c0cc63ba2e1a0b.jpg

a4b90b16ad6bdbd3606c8b1fdb05697c.jpg

cd96ddca0ab0b5851fea8fcb2d5e6306.jpg

Wow! Definitely worth the wait.

And you are correct, SS ain't cheap. I bet the 11 gauge SS shelf on my Shirley costs at least $800.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

That thing looks freakin awesome Robb! My pedestrian 2 Star has an overnight brisket finishing up now. I'll be posting in the other MAK thread once it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is absolutely a thang of beauty Robb but it’s waaaaay to clean!

Fire that mother UUUUUUP!

Congrats!! If anyone should be cooking on this beauty, Robb, it's you. And no more worries about getting Break-up cleaner on the powder coat. :cool: :-D

Looks awesome, Robb! I’m a sucker for stainless appliances - I would have gone stainless with my M1 if it would have been available when I bought mine. I did get the all stainless M16 and C4 to go with my stainless gasser and OWG.

Really good looking cooker and nice first cook - I’d hit it!

Hey where’s the fatty? Have you no respect for tradition? :boom:

Looks awesome, Robb! I’m a sucker for stainless appliances - I would have gone stainless with my M1 if it would have been available when I bought mine. I did get the all stainless M16 and C4 to go with my stainless gasser and OWG.

Really good looking cooker and nice first cook - I’d hit it!

Hey where’s the fatty? Have you no respect for tradition? :boom:

Thanks buddy! I hear ya about stainless. Some guys claim to much upkeep... I feel the opposite.

Oh yeah, not much of a traditionalist... lol.

Back