UPS Freight showed up... It's Christmas in April!

Jaskew82

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was sitting at home minding my own business when the UPS Freight guy calls and says, "Hey, I am delivering a package to your house. How do I get there?". Well, in reality I was sitting by the phone feverishly awaiting this call.

Anyway, yes, he did call me and ask for directions. I thought, don't you have GPS or a map or something? But hey, he is bringing me a new toy so just shut up an help. I give him directions and 45 minutes later (mind you he is 10 minutes away) still nothing. I call him back and he is completely out of the way from where he was. So I have to give him directions again from where he is now. 10 minutes later he calls me back, he is lost. 3rd time I give him directions and actually stay on the phone turn by turn giving him landmarks.

Well, he finally shows up.
photoapr15124833pm.jpg

After a brief introduction its time to unload! Damn, thats a big box!! (That's what HE said, lol)
53724010201185787793019.jpg

What could it be?! Let's get out the hammer and crow bar and find out what's inside!
Well of course, its Stumps Smoker's Classic!
17995102011857977132671.jpg

Unfortunately at this point I had to go back to work so it sat tarped for a few hours until I got home. Had my brother come over to assist with putting on the wheels. Let me tell you, that was a project for a solid hour. This smoker weighs in at 600+ lbs.

Well, got the wheels on. Ate dinner and its time to season this sucker up! Shop vac'd it out, sprayed it down with a bottle of Pam and fired it up. Dumped a full bag of Stubbs into the chute and put the torch under it to fire it up. Hooked up the guru, set to 255* and its off to the races.

Took a quick obligatory Stumps Lean picture and let it run all night until 6am this morning.
53185710201187215668715.jpg

I checked on the smoker 3 or 4 times during the night. It came up to 255 w/ guru assistance and never budged.

I cannot wait to cook on this monster.

yea, I'm jealous. That's nothing short of awesome. I wanna be your neighbor.

I'm gonna refrain from commenting on the driver's stupidity. :wink:

You got me.....???? .... you talking about the direction of the pallet on the liftgate and the fact there's no cart under it?

I love when the freight trucks come to my house. That means something BBQ related has arrived. :becky:

That would be a fun cooker to have. Enjoy!

You left out the part where after you said get the crowbar and hammer; reading the label on the crate... "Fra-GEE-lee... that must be Italian!"

Congrats on the new cooker- that thing's huge!

Back