Keep sauce warm at contests

S

SmokeInDaEye

Depending on my mood, I use anywhere from 2 to 4 different sauces during contests and warming new ones between categories can be a real PITA plus an added mess.

It's not cheap but I was thinking that a sauce bottle warmer such as Amazon.com: Squeeze Bottle Topping Warmer: Home & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31SEE3k3JsL.@@AMEPARAM@@31SEE3k3JsL
could be a nice option, or even one of these ones that are made for medical purposes but should work just as well.

Anyone ever tried something like these? Show up with the sauce pre-bottled, start heating around 11am and seems like you'd be ready to roll.

Would a baby bottle warmer do the same thing? This one is listed for $25 on Amazon.

41%2BTpkmDJFL.jpg

I use a 1/2 sheet pans or throw away meatloaf pans for warming up my sauces. Mostly because I Brush on some sauce, dunk some and let meat hold in warm sauce also. Plus if your blending sauce, your gonna use a bowl or pan anyways. 1/2 sheet pans are too cheap + its 1 less dish to wash.

Would a baby bottle warmer do the same thing? This one is listed for $25 on Amazon.

41%2BTpkmDJFL.jpg

It might. Will have to take a look at those!

How about a pot of hot water? Really inexpensive.

But then I wouldn't have another piece of equipment I don't really need!:-D

I'm always looking for ways to simplify my contest cooking especially for when I'm flying solo. Seemed like a cool thing to also have for catering gigs or backyard parties when you want to give guests a selection of sauces.

I'm always looking for ways to simplify my contest cooking especially for when I'm flying solo. Seemed like a cool thing to also have for catering gigs or backyard parties when you want to give guests a selection of sauces.

I would say the condiment warmer would look much cooler than the baby bottle warmer, lol. But if cost was considered the bottle warmer should do the job.

we use a crock pot and put our bottle in there.....that is by far the way to go

Now that is good thinking, a multi-tasker!

One simple solution would be to just stick the bottle of sauce in your cambro or cooler with the hot product. I've done this in the past with a cooler.

This of course only applies if you use a cambro or cooler to hold your meats.

I put my sauce in a small loaf pan, cover it tightly with foil and then place on the low shelf of my cooker.

Just so you know, I have been using the baby bottle warmer idea for awhile. And you need to know, when you go to use a heated squeeze bottle, the pressure builds behind the sauce and you get more sauce coming out than you were wanting without even squeezing. I know if sounds weird but there is an art to using a heated squeeze bottle. If you are using this for the public to use I would try it out for yourself first. This could be because the baby bottle warmer I have only goes half way up the bottle. Or maybe I am warming it too much. Just thought I would put that out there.

Cheers,
Nate

Since you have no time to warm sauces, you could get adult diapers to save time with that whole thing too. Keep it a theme for a contest or two :laugh:

baby bottle(warmers)/diapers/bibs ..go for the whole shebang.....might be good for a peoples choice contest
Thats also good for when you dont get a call, & feel like crying in the corner waiting for this

Attachments

• wambulance_logo.jpg
    wambulance_logo.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 134
Since you have no time to warm sauces, you could get adult diapers to save time with that whole thing too. Keep it a theme for a contest or two :laugh:

baby bottle(warmers)/diapers/bibs ..go for the whole shebang.....might be good for a peoples choice contest
Thats also good for when you dont get a call, & feel like crying in the corner waiting for this

Funny. Remind me to park my RV exhaust next to your tent at the next event.:-D

last year i told the wife to warm the sauce up ....she did......... i dunked my chicken and to this day i have NO hair on my right fingers.

In keeping with the baby theme, I just picked up one of these to keep an eye on my smokers while I'm inside.

Attachments

• _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00288-20111109-1216.jpg
    _Media Card_BlackBerry_pictures_IMG00288-20111109-1216.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 81
Back