Turkey brine

Regstan

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Just got my first smoker and was a little worried about smoking a turkey for Thanksgiving so I did what I has always done for fried. Now I am ready to smoke my first turkey. Looking for a brine recipe and instructions.

I used to wet brine with a mix of 1/2 kosher salt, 1/2 cup of Seasoning Salt and 1 cup sugar per gallon of water for 24 hours. BUT this year I used Naturiffic Harvest brine on our turkey AND it will be the way I brine until I am no loner able to cook. Harvest Brine is a dry brine so it needs to be put on the bird a little longer than a wet, but it is alot easier in my opinion. No cooler, bucket or special container need. Just apply and wrap in plastic wrap tightly and put in a pan and let it work.

It was wonderful! My dad and I were amazed at the juice coming out of the slices when he was carving the turkey. The flavor was wonderful! Totally balanced on all fronts.

Naturiffic is also a BRETHREN owned company so your money is well spent!

Last edited:
I also think Patio Daddio Brines not only keep the bird moist, but they impart an abundance of flavors deep into the bird.

I particularly like the Ultimate Thanksgiving Brine and I also use it on chicken as well.

This year was the first year I've brined a bird. I went for a dry brine. Used Naturiffic's Harvest Brine. I loved it! Great flavor, kept bird moist, but most importantly it got rave reviews from the family!
To be fair, I will try Patio Daddio brine next, then decide my go to.

PattioDaddio brines are good Turkey brine mentioned above is excellent
Brining 101 by Smokin' Okie is also very good

Back