CyberQ or Rock's Stoker

cfrazier77

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Hi all, I am ready to buy a controller for my Humphrey's Down East Beast and I have come down to either a CyberQ or a Rock's Stoker. I looked at a Heater Meter, but I don't want to learn how to code.

What I need to do, other than controlling the temp, is to monitor multiple meats, send temp notices for set temperatures to text preferably or email, I would be able to check temps at anytime from my android phone (app or web browser) and be able to change temps from my phone as well.

Has anyone used both? Which is easier to set up and control?

Thanks all in advance!

I have the cyber q and the Android pitpal app. Love both of them. The pitpal app will send you an alert when something is too high or low or certain time or whatever. No complaints with either. You will have people chime in on the one they own is great and love it. Both are good products and you probably can't go wrong with either. I was gifted a guru and then upgraded to the cyber q later.

In for the responses. I'm wanting something similar as well.

CyberQ has 3 meat probes which I like.

I use to have a stoker. I loved it. It has 6 ports, one for the fan and 5 meat probes. Plus you can expand beyond 6 device ports if ever needed or you can run two cookers.

How do you set alarms? From looking at screen shots it looked like code to me.

There is a webpage. I'm not sure if this is allowed so moderators please for give me but http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?57350-Sending-alerts-with-Pushbullet/page3 shows you a screenshot of the alarms screen (or a least a small portion of it). You setup up your high/low temps there and how you want to be notified. It's pretty simple. There is some configuration but it's all for things that are personalization.

I'm not saying get the HeaterMeter definitively so much as trying to dispel any misconceptions that might be limiting your options.

I'm in the Stoker camp, using the PC program StokerLog by Amir.
I have 3 of them!!

If you decide on a Stoker, I have the wireless version with pit probe and 2 meat probes that I'm getting rid of. If interested, shoot me a PM.

Back