BBQ for India Natives

Should also say India is NOT the Middle East. Food is rather different. My family, from the Middle East, cooks with minimal spices. Indians however coming from the spice capital of the ancient world and to some extent today's world use a potpourri of spice. For me personally it overwhelms the taste of the item being cooked. For example I've taken Indian friends to high end steakhouses and the comments can sometimes but "it's under spiced". To me salt is about the only spice needed on a good cut of meat. I rather enjoy some pepper but that's where it ends.

Indian spices mixes also vary extensively from region to region and cook to cook. I would probably just opt to buy a good quality masala (which is just a generic term for a spice mix) and experiment or ask them for advice on what they like.

Personally I wouldn't be offended it's just a taste preference and to me the better the quality of the food the less adulterated it should be.

India is a big place, with big differences like was said.
I'd just ask the customer what they'd like, or what variety of "mix" they're used to. Could save a LOT of experimenting.

If I come up with a generic version that is exceptional (of course, it would have to be that, lol) then that will do... I would market that somehow. I'll need to llok at these masalas that everyone has mentioned, too.

I like to experiment but, like what was noted prior, it would save quite a bit if I took something that was existing and mod'ed to suit my needs or to get ideas to be creative with :)

Back