• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

My Corned Beef...

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
This isn't Q related, but since I found the recipe here, I thought I'd report the results... I used the Corned Beef cure that Big Belly posted here...

http://www.bandera-brethren.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4706

It had been in the cure for almost threed weeks. Yesterday afternoon I pulled it from the cure and put it in clean cold water. i changed that water twice, and this afternoon I put it in a pot along with a little onion, celery carrot, garlic, thyme and bay leaves. I simmered it for about 3 1/2 hours, added some baby red potatoes and, a few minutes later, a head of cabbage cut into wedges.

When I sliced the corned beef, it was extremely tender. It had a wonderful flavor, and the whole family enjoyed it!

Thanks for the recipe, Big Belly! I'll use it again, but this time I'll make pastrami out of the corned beef.

Dude, the Pastrami is to die for! Wait till you check it out. Once I get unpacked in CO a nice fresh Pastrami is the first thing I intend on making.

I am glad the recipe helped you out!

I can't wait to try it... I think my wife and daughter are "Q'd out", so they asked me not to smoke the corned beef this time... :(

I may HAVE to pick up another flat today and start it curing...

Don't feel bad my Q cheering section (the family) gets tired frequently of the Q so I am left standing in the winners circle alone often. But that just means there is more for me to enjoy!

Back