• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Superior Smokers SS-2 Crash Course

Wednesday is delivery day!

tumblr_mspmjzbXmo1qc555so1_250.gif

Good Luck! Superior makes a great cooker, I've been loving my SS-1 since I got it this Spring. I've been mixing in a few chunks of cherry or hickory right in the chute with pretty good success.

Get your party started brother. Windchill to minus 15 coming to The Panhandle which usually means freezing rain for the north Texas region. Stock up and make a memorable first smoke. Looking forward to the photos.

I have a big ol' bag of RO lump and some Stubbs briqs already plus some various chunks. Planning on pepper stout beef for Saturday's Texas/Baylor game and my first smoked meatloaf on Sunday to get....screw it, this guy has got to have a name so I'm going with Colt...Colt all broken in.

I'm planning on "working" from home tomorrow so I am there for the driveway delivery.

Getting Colt moved around to the backyard will prove to be challenging as access from the front yard to the back patio is tight. Worst case, I will roll Colt around the block while getting strange looks from my neighbors and roll it in from the cul de sac behind my house like we did with Earl.

That sounds great. Smoked meatloaf and neighbors peering out the window-not knowing whether to help or hunker in place guarding women-children and small animals. I love smoked ML. Green chile cheese smoked in a muffin/cupcake tin. Great fresh and just as great frozen and thawed. Next in my list is ML stuffed with Zumbos boudin. I did get to see Mr McCoy play (at Kyle Field) when my son was at AM. He married a Longhorn girl. I've got 100K plus invested in Aggieland, but my son has his life invested in burnt orange.

Colts a good name. Tuscola too.

That sounds great. Smoked meatloaf and neighbors peering out the window-not knowing whether to help or hunker in place guarding women-children and small animals. I love smoked ML. Green chile cheese smoked in a muffin/cupcake tin. Great fresh and just as great frozen and thawed. Next in my list is ML stuffed with Zumbos boudin. I did get to see Mr McCoy play (at Kyle Field) when my son was at AM. He married a Longhorn girl. I've got 100K plus invested in Aggieland, but my son has his life invested in burnt orange.

Colts a good name. Tuscola too.
Boudin stuff ML sounds damn fine! Do that and let me know how it turns out!

I almost went to College Station 17 years ago, but a girl and free housing kept me in Austin, and she is just as excited as I am to see Colt arrive tomorrow!

Glad to hear that your son found him a good ol' Longhorn gal :wink:

Now I need to come up with a Longhorn name for my Kettle...

If it's anything like my assassin it HEAVY, I'd invest in some plywood if you don't have a concrete sidewalk to roll it around on.

If it's anything like my assassin it HEAVY, I'd invest in some plywood if you don't have a concrete sidewalk to roll it around on.
Thanks! I just figured I could use the boards from the shipping crate...will assess it tomorrow.

Dangit...UPS freight just called and said it would be Thursday. 41°F and 70% chance of rain does not sound like a fun time to be uncrating Colt :shock:

Dangit...UPS freight just called and said it would be Thursday. 41°F and 70% chance of rain does not sound like a fun time to be uncrating Colt :shock:

I'm sure everyone feels really bad that you have to unload that nearly free smoker in the cold rain:becky:
Great name for the smoker though!

I'm gonna blame Guerry on it not leaving Memphis for the last 24 hours. Hopefully his heist was thwarted.

Attachments

• damnyouguerry.jpg
    damnyouguerry.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 70
I'm gonna blame Guerry on it not leaving Memphis for the last 24 hours. Hopefully his heist was thwarted.

You know my original unit WAS hijacked; "lost" was the word the freight company used! :mad2:

Not sure if it got as far as Memphis, but now it all makes sense! :doh:

You know my original unit WAS hijacked; "lost" was the word the freight company used! :mad2:

Not sure if it got as far as Memphis, but now it all makes sense! :doh:
That dude is SNEAKY! :wink:

Sounds like it should be leaving Memphis soon...we'll see!

Guerry, you are off the hook...it finally departed Memphis.

Back