MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #16
Rockinar
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
Unless something has changed, B&B is private labeled BBQers Delight product. And, again, unless something has changed the product is all natural, blending flavor woods with Oak, and in the case of Oak pellets they are 100% Oak.

If there is information to the contrary I just wanted to check out the source for myself.

It does not say "100% Oak". It says "Premium oak mixed with flavorwood" and says at the bottom "flavored wood pellets".

Flavor wood = Oil flavored alder.

I would say its just a handful of oak with mostly oil flavored alder.

Not sure why they cant make it 100% oak. Ii think they are just trying to meet a price point and using junk wood with flavoring keeps costs down.

Rockinar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 05:05 PM   #17
16Adams
somebody shut me the fark up.

Glamour shots. Not bad for an advanced beginner who had zero plans to cook today.

Last edited by 16Adams; 10-05-2018 at 04:06 PM..
16Adams is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 05:40 PM   #18
16Adams

Flavor wood- a link

Zero mention of oil.

https://www.fpl.fs.fed.us/documnts/u...6/aib66606.pdf

Old 09-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #19
jakel
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinar View Post
I would feel better about pellet smoker if the pellets were actually what is listed on the bag and not mystery wood and alder flavored with oils. The pellet manufacturers all seem shady and dishonest.

Why cant they just make a bag of oak pellets actually made of oak? Texas is filled with mesquite and oak, but B&B still uses flavored mystery wood. I don't know if it's a price point they are trying to meet or what.
Pretty broad brush you’re using there, however Lumber Jack Pellets use 100% wood with their blends.

Site link

“Don’t get confused
When we say we de-bark the red oak base material in our blends, we do this for a very specific reason. Since the smoke flavor you’re looking for and expecting is in the bark, we leave the bark on the primary wood but remove the bark from the oak wood when we produce our blends. We do this so the full rich flavor of the primary wood comes through, such as Hickory in the Hickory blend or Apple in the Apple blend. This allows us to have the strongest flavor in our blends! Blends also have lower ash content when burned since they have less bark than our 100% varieties, which are not de-barked and therefore produce a more powerful and intense flavor.”

There are others out there but I can vouch for LJ.......and this company https://cookinpellets.com/shop/

Cheers,
John

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." R.Reagan

Last edited by jakel; 09-10-2018 at 07:58 PM..
jakel is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-10-2018, 06:04 PM   #20
16Adams

Did anyone even notice my cute butt??

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-10-2018, 06:09 PM   #21
THoey1963

Name/Nickname : Terry

Adams, I was not derailed by the pellet talk. Beautiful looking but. I like the look of that rub. Might have to give it a look...

Lone Star Grillz Insulated Cabinet Smoker / Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling (WSCG) Station / CyberQ / Slow N Sear with Drip N Griddle

WSCG Review [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=245542"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. WSM Mods [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201917"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL]. My Brisket Guide [URL="http://bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238834"][COLOR=Blue][B]HERE[/B][/COLOR][/URL].
THoey1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #22
16Adams

Quote:
Originally Posted by THoey1963 View Post
Adams, I was not derailed by the pellet talk. Beautiful looking but. I like the look of that rub. Might have to give it a look...

Thank You, Sir

Old 09-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #23
jakel

Name/Nickname : John

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Adams View Post
Did anyone even notice my cute butt??
Just about to compliment you on your gorgeous butt..... great job to be sure

Please don’t be butt hurt

Cheers,
John

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in the United States where men were free." R.Reagan
jakel is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 09-10-2018, 06:19 PM   #24
jermoQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Adams, you have made your opinion pretty clear for the last however long since you bought the thing. Tons of pron involved in developing that opinion, too :thumb:

Oh....and, I like your butt!

Old 09-10-2018, 07:29 PM   #25
KevinJ

Smoke on
WGA

:plane: [SIZE="2"][I]All American Moinkballer[/I][/SIZE] 🇺🇸
KevinJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 07:31 PM   #26
sudsandswine

The best kind of cooker is one that lets you cook as much as you want to while also making food you enjoy eating

Old 09-10-2018, 08:26 PM   #27
MountainMan
Full Fledged Farker

Boring............

Get over it !

Some of us will use pellet cookers to smoke and grill and be happy.

Can we all not coexist????
MountainMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 06:12 AM   #28
bigdog10
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Glamour shots. Not bad for an advanced beginner who had zero plans to cook today.
Looks awesome and delicious!!
bigdog10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 07:01 AM   #29
LordRiffenstein
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Yoeri

The butt looked so good, I would have just torn off some pieces before pulling it!

Old 09-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #30
LordRiffenstein
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Yoeri

Quote:
I love YouTube/PBS etc bbq Series videos etc. generations of cooks lighting fires shoveling coals whole hog etc etc. pits-offsets-steel and cinderblocks. Bricks and rods. Leather aprons and steel toed.
Allow me to sidetrack this a bit more, got any recommendations for show or YT channels? I live watching Man Fire Food.