MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Catering, Food Handling and Awareness > Food Handling General Discussion

Notices

Food Handling General Discussion General and open discussion for food handling and safety.

Old 02-23-2021, 05:09 PM   #1
grizzly0925
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Nick
Default servsafe requirements

Which is the ServSafe usually required for vending. If you are filing an LLC are you required to do the Management one, or are you able to do the food handler? It may possibly vary by state and location. Wasn't sure if it was a general need as far as which one. ( I know you need it to be legit).
grizzly0925 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2021, 05:12 PM   #2
grizzly0925
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Nick

Just found it on the website, I was looking in the wrong place. Looks like it would be the mgmt program i would need to pass I believe, sorry for the noise haha
grizzly0925 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2021, 05:37 PM   #3
thirdeye
somebody shut me the fark up.

A guy I know with a combination vending and catering trailer took several classes including ServSafe, and some courses at the community college. His reasoning was simple.... he wanted to know the rules forward and backward, and top to bottom so there would be no hassles or surprises with the health department, City Council and fire department.

Barbecuist ~ Charcuterist ~ KCBS Master Judge & CTC
Big Green Eggs, Big Drum Smokers, Big Chiefs, Weber Smokey Joe "Custom Tall Boy"
Oil Patch Horizontal, SnS Deluxe Kettle

Visit my Cookin' Site by clicking HERE
Barbecue is not rocket surgery
“The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it's hard to verify their authenticity” ~ Abraham Lincoln
thirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2021, 04:51 AM   #4
SmoothBoarBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Donnie

Grizzly, you are correct that you will want to take the management course. I had restaurant experience in the past, but I did learn quite a bit in the management course. They make you write up a mock HACCP plan which is something you'll need to have for any food business. So definitely a good course.

Tags
catering, health department, servsafe