SmokeFire Brisket Cook

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Seasoned with salt and pepper. This pic is at about 5.5 hours. Cooking over pans untill there is a little more data on the grease fire issue.

Had to push the pellets down a couple of rimes but other than that it's been chugging right along.
eafc0dea5e39ea4944f7a36e56ac7794.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Just curious does there seem to be any airflow problems?
What are temps like side to side and front to back?

Just curious does there seem to be any airflow problems?
What are temps like side to side and front to back?
I don't see any evidence of an airflow issue and I'm not monitoring multiple locations of temp.

I am monitoring temp with my flameboss which is attached directly to the Weber therm in the back of the cooker. It's been running a consistent 30 or so degrees below set temp. I'm thinking Weber probably took the location of the probe into account realizing that nobody cooks against the back wall of the cooker. I had the probe placed in the center during other cooks and it was closer to set temp and was actually running a little hotter I believe.

Looks good to me. With all the issues the food the weber smoke fire produces look great!

I'm not real sure I have a choice. I don't want to get into a big discussion about this. There are a couple other threads for that, but my current opinion is that some of the issues are a little exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely a few issues. I expected there to be a few issues though.

Lets see how this brisket turns out and lets see how Weber handles things.

Think that you will keep it?

I'm not real sure I have a choice. I don't want to get into a big discussion about this. There are a couple other threads for that, but my current opinion is that some of the issues are a little exaggerated. Don't get me wrong, there are definitely a few issues. I expected there to be a few issues though.

Lets see how this brisket turns out and lets see how Weber handles things.

Well the brisket is looking great so far. I agree a couple of the issues are overblown but that's to be expected nowadays with blogs and vloggers tearing up every new product that comes out. IMO I think Weber will make it right. Good luck!

Seasoned with salt and pepper. This pic is at about 5.5 hours. Cooking over pans untill there is a little more data on the grease fire issue.

Had to push the pellets down a couple of rimes but other than that it's been chugging right along.
eafc0dea5e39ea4944f7a36e56ac7794.jpg

How do you feel about the amount of smoke it puts out on food?

Is there space/room to put foil pans on the "flavor bars" and use the original grates to cook on?
Thanks.

Is there space/room to put foil pans on the "flavor bars" and use the original grates to cook on?

Thanks.
The pan I used didn't. It was fairly deep though. I think you could find plenty of pans that would. The one I used was about an 1/8 inch to tall.
b3fc330da8bda13a9baade2a057eab51.jpg

Back