How did I ever get by without a weedburner

Skidder

Babbling Farker
I decided to get one of those Harbor Freight weed burners to use on weeds in my stone driveway. Let me tell you these have got to be one of the most fun man tools to use. Weeds are gone! Then decided to start up the Weber rotisserie for a leg of lamb. No more crumpled newspaper or starting it on a gas burner and waiting 15 minutes. I lit the 20 starter coals in less than 2 minutes. Love this tool. Why did I wait so long?

Sad part is I just bought a new Weber charcoal starter 10 minutes before. That's going back. I ran my other one over with my pickup. I can't believe the power and flame that comes out of them.

They are great! I have a wood burner and I no longer split the wood down to kindling size, stack up a few small pieces and in two minutes I have a real fire going. It is a real time saver. Preheating went from about an hour to about 30 minutes.

First time I lit mine I cut the gas on all the way at tank and burner. Hit the striker and just about sh_t myself. Once I got used to it I don't know how I have lived without it. They give you power.

First time I lit mine I cut the gas on all the way at tank and burner. Hit the striker and just about sh_t myself. Once I got used to it I don't know how I have lived without it. They give you power.

Thats FUNNY! Glad you were not hurt. Some guys may not know they only need to open the tank valve 1/4 turn.

Mine blows itself out whenever I squeeze the handle. Do I have to open it up slowly? It lights the coals just fine without going to afterburner, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here.

Mine blows itself out whenever I squeeze the handle. Do I have to open it up slowly? It lights the coals just fine without going to afterburner, but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong here.

If you're down in a drum with it, there's usually not enough air and it'll just go out. Or if you're really close to something, same thing. There needs to be sufficient air. Try squeezing the handle gradually and also try adjusting the knob that regulates the flow of gas on the torch. The extra blast you get isn't always necessary, but it sure as chit is fun! :thumb:

It blows out even when pointing straight up in the air. I can get a roaring jet just from opening the dial valve, but I would like to scare the neighbors every now and then. :-D

And just a reminder, a weed burner works for ALL kinds of good stuff, like pesty insects and such...:heh:

On mine I have to open the valve on the weedburner about 1/4 turn and let it heat up a bit before I pull the handle or it will also blow out. I ususlly have to light it 2 or 3 times to get the setting right. Too open or too closed and it blows out. Once its right I can pull the handle at will and it won't blow out. If I am in a hurry I light it and hold it up to the splits, once they start to burn little I hit the afterburner, if it blows out at the torch head the fire on the splits keeps it going, FAST! Usually 2 minutes or less and I can put it away. Its great to use just to watch peoples expressions.

I've had the cheap model with the ignitor that Harbor Freight sells for a few years now. I won't BBQ without it, and it sure is nice for starting my burn pile even when some of the wood might still be damp.

Back